Share This Page:

Finally got round to an introduction

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
RichiJC

Finally got round to an introduction

Post by RichiJC »

Hi guys,

I've been roaming this forum for a while, but have decided to finally introduce myself like a few of the other lads have done on here. My name is Richi Carter, residing in North Norfolk, and I'm in the process for joining the British Army as an Officer, with my heart currently set on the Parachute Regiment.

As the son of an ex-Captain in the Paras, it's safe to say that I endured a pretty regimented and sport-orientated childhood :p and to be honest a career in the army is something that I've known I've wanted for a long time.

I have my AOSB briefing on the 27th November, having passed my medicals and my AFCO interview, with my CSM aiming to get me into Sandhurst for the May intake (obviously pending passes at Briefing and Main Board) so if anyone else on here has those dates I will hopefully see you there.

I know that I am hugely lacking in knowledge and experience compared with 90% of the guys on here, but I would be more than happy to answer any questions, especially if anyone has any regarding ACL reconstructions and medical appeals...both of which I have had experience of so far in this process!

I've included a few stats below for anyone who's interested:

Height/Weight: 5'11"/81kg
1.5 mile: 8:58
Pull Ups: 16
Press Ups: 73
Sit Ups: 60

Cheers for taking the time to have a read guys, and best of luck to everyone currently serving in or undergoing selection for the armed forces.

Richi
Hyperlithe

Re: Finally got round to an introduction

Post by Hyperlithe »

Welcome aboard, and good luck!
:D
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours