Share This Page:

How long do they want to take!!

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
bigmanmike

How long do they want to take!!

Post by bigmanmike »

Hello everyone im new to this forum my name is mike and im currently in the process of joining the army... ive been waiting over 4 months for my first interview... I mean why is it taking so long? ive filled out the medical declaration I passed it etc over a month ago.. i ring up Cambridge to find out when my interview is and they say its nothing to do with them when the interview will take place... its driving me insane!
Hyperlithe

Re: How long do they want to take!!

Post by Hyperlithe »

Takes as long as it takes I'm afraid Mike - they have got an awful lot of applications to get through! Just have patience, they will get to you eventually...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
bigmanmike

Post by bigmanmike »

yeh I was thinking that... do you think its the wrong time to be joining the army? I mean with there being no major conflicts happening now as there pulling out off afghan end of next year?
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Well we're all shrinking at the moment, so there are fewer places, and when the economy is struggling the number of applications always go up, so you have more people applying for less places, but if it's what you want stick with it.
Nobody predicted Libya would go off when it did, there will always be things to do and places to go. I'm not sure there's any such thing as a 'right' time, it depends what you want to experience during your time in the Army really!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours