Share This Page:

Medical

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Chris Gollins

Medical

Post by Chris Gollins »

Hi people. Here for a bit of advice really, not even sure anyone will be able to help. My son has applied to join the army and has passed the barb English and maths tests. Filled in his medical forms but was prescribed an inhaler in Nov. 2010 due to a minor chest infection to see if it would help, (didn't even collect the prescription) and had not previously been prescribed medication or had any symptoms of asthma since 2007. Is he likely to be automatically rejected or will they give him the chance to take more tests to prove he is medically fit to serve? Hopeful for advice here !
mike.dt

Re: Medical

Post by mike.dt »

Hi Chris, Your son should have no trouble if he has never been diagnosed with asthma. An Inhaler prescription may show up when the medical staff check his records, but they should notice that he was never diagnosed with asthma. They may defer his application on the basis that they need some clarification on the matter, and either way your son will have the opportunity to appeal against any decisions. The trouble is that a lot of people apply to join knowing that they are ineligible and lie on their application. My advice is just to wait and see what happens... I know this probably doesn't put anyone's mind at rest, but you'll just have to not think about it too much and remember that he will always have the opportunity to appeal.

I'm sure all will be fine! I wish your son good luck :D
Warfare Not Welfare
(Body Armour not Benefits)