Share This Page:

Rejoining question.

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
B333V

Rejoining question.

Post by B333V »

Hi all, new to the site.
So here is my story. At the age of 18 I was in training at Catterick but I DAOR'd early on into the course. I was always adament on getting back in, I waited just over a year to re-apply.

I was very lucky enough to get back in a second time. I over trained far too much just before I left for Catterick again. because I over trained I managed to get shin splints. When I got to ITC I never told anyone in my medical if I was carrying any injuries.
I just left my family with a grandmother that was dying of cancer and with me being away and the obvious lack of communication I was very worried and wanted to come home. I managed to get a few days leave of my CO, when I got home to spend time with my family my Gran passed away. So my head was in a complete state ( Couldn't tell if I was in New year or New York) and did not want to be in the army any more so, whe I got back to Catterick, I requested to go on sick and told the doctor about my legs, and my wil to leave the army. The doctor put me in for a medical discharge which was granted, ( my training team disputed and quite rightly so.)

So now here I am totally regretting every day that I left a second time. I was young and very immature and never thought it through properly. I still want to be in the army and ill do anything I can to make it possible.
I am now living on my own, have a full time job and about to do a charity event for Help for Heroes. In 2014 at some point through out the year I want to re-apply (AGAIN) am I fighting a pointless battle cause of my history or is there some hope out there that I can get back into the Army ?

Thanks for reading !
Go on give me all the abuse ha ! :shocked!: