Share This Page:

The Household Cavalry

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
J-Macleod

The Household Cavalry

Post by J-Macleod »

Morning,

I'm heading to AFCO later today to express my interest in joining the Household Cavalry. I'd previously been interested in the RMP but I've had a complete change of heart and now feel this is where I see myself. The job is more exciting for me and I really think I would enjoy all that goes with it. It didn't help that I don't have the C grade for GCSE Maths either, which I was told over the phone is essential. Apparantly the NVQ Level 2, an equivalent qualification that I'm currently studying for, will not suffice. This is contrary to what is stated on the MOD website for RMP soldier. Quite misleading. Anyway, I've always wanted to learn to ride a horse and the dual role of learning to drive and maintain the Scimitar light tanks really appeals to me too. Not to mention the ceremonial side.

Does anybody on the forum have any experience in the Household Cavalry or know of any special requirements to join?

I'm not too sure if it is a competitive role and if there are usually many vacancies either?

I know I could just wait until AFCO to find out this information but I'd like to hear some answers and opinions on here too.

I couldn't find many articles related to this role here.

Thanks,

James
Tab

Re: The Household Cavalry

Post by Tab »

My grandfather was a Donkey Walloper
J-Macleod

Post by J-Macleod »

I love the regimental nicknames! :lol:

I went to AFCO today, took the forms home to fill in and I now have my BARB test on the 11th October. Looking forward to it.

:D

James
johnson33

Post by johnson33 »

I love the regimental nicknames!thanks
Allen123