Share This Page:

Good exercise programme

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
mike.dt

Good exercise programme

Post by mike.dt »

Here's a link to a good 16 week fitness programme that works quite well and covers all the areas you need to work on if you're looking to join the army. It claims to be from the official British Army Fitness guide which will apparantly set you back £10.99! You can see the programme for free though so i just copied and pasted it into a word document and saved it to my PC.

Don't forget to warm up and down, and hold stretches on all your major muscle groups for 8-10 seconds before exercise and 20-25 seconds afterwards. I probably don't need to say this, but you must stay committed to it and always put in 100% to see any improvements.

Enjoy :D http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... g.fitness1
Warfare Not Welfare
(Body Armour not Benefits)
Millar

Re: Good exercise programme

Post by Millar »

Excellent post, I can confirm that's defiantly an official Army fitness guide, it's basically a word for word copy of the fitness guide I got in preparation for phase 1
Tab

Post by Tab »

I often wonder how we managed before all these warm up exercises were thought up. At one time you put down your beer stubbed out your fag and went did all your physical jerks.
Stan

Post by Stan »

In my opinion some cardio, and abs exercises should be included in routine training of the military for the better physical fitness and body strength.
Some sports activities are also more suggested to get better fitness level.
steve ossie

Post by steve ossie »

Tab wrote:I often wonder how we managed before all these warm up exercises were thought up. At one time you put down your beer stubbed out your fag and went did all your physical jerks.
steve ossie

Post by steve ossie »

steve ossie wrote:
Tab wrote:I often wonder how we managed before all these warm up exercises were thought up. At one time you put down your beer stubbed out your fag and went did all your physical jerks.
Guys how do I ANSWER some of these comments help please Steve