Share This Page:

LEEDS bin men on strike (yet again)

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
gunner75

LEEDS bin men on strike (yet again)

Post by gunner75 »

I find it appalling that they as government workers are allowed to do this. streets strewn with bin bags and un collected wheely bins to satisfy these peoples wage demands. demands that un met means mr joe blogs i.e you and I have to make do with streets piling high with rubbish. its a bad day in paradise when i hear that bin men are being paid 22k average a yr, 27k if your a driver and on top of that bonuses. yeah not bad. however what angers me is that these guys are allowed to strike (fully paid) whilst we suufer with a build up of street rubbish. my point is how do they justify paying bin men (trained in the art of picking up a 'health and safety' weighted black bag or wheely bin) their wages over fully trained young squaddies facing the pointy end of a bullet in ghanistan or iraq. its disgracefull. to be honest if i had the choice id not choose to pay taxes for services in all probabilty never really needed or NOT DONE (IE RUBBISH COLLECTION) but would happily opt to send my share of taxes to the lads out there. and no that doesnt mean so they can live it up in one man w*nkin chariots with a years supply of razzle. id happily fund the sources needed for the bag of shit equipment that they dont seem to be supplied. sorry for the rant but my gf is also a victim of this governenment not getting its priorities right. she works f*ckin hard and worked f*ckin harder to get the qualifications to do so. yet she is apparently below the food chain in comparison. diggin deeper i find that trained up police constables also get more money than our multi traded freshly trained baby squaddies. something aint right as whereas the trained up pc newbie might have his feathers ruffled on the beat 1st day at the local station, the likley hood is that the baby squaddie nowadays WILL find him/herself gettin farmed out toiraq or afghanistan - something is wrong somewhere down the line. I AM SICK TO DEATH OF POLITITIANS USING US AS THEIR TRUMP CARDS - PAY US MORE IF YOU VALUE US SO MUCH YOU STUCK UP C*NTS. and sack those bone idle tw*ts who dont collect the bins - plenty of ppl needing work now - dont leave it to squaddies to clear up bin bags like you do when feckin firemen chuck their dummies out.
'Every man an Emperor'
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

cant believe no one replied BOOO HOOO HOO HO HOOOO.
bloody bin men , one day......ONE DAAAAAAY.
'Every man an Emperor'
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

I think you need a stiff drink mate!

The world, and society, is full of injustices ... some of which we can rant about, but never change!

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change" ...

You cannot compare what goes on with bin men and their wages, to that of soldiers fighting a war. I would much prefer my taxes be paid to H4H and the soldiers on the front line, but it's not how it works ... instead I pay for some 12 year old lass, and her 13 year old boyfriend to have 3 kids, free housing, 40 fags and 20 cans of strongbow a day!
I can complain, but that gets me nowhere. Instead, I sacrifice my time to contribute to the war myself, and will head for Afghanistan soon. I raise funds for H4H and, once accepted into the TA, will request to be sent out to Afghanistan ASAP!
I wish I was there now :cry:

Anyway, back to my point ... I am, as are you, better than those that take advantage of the civil system. Moan/Rant/Complain about it ... but accept that there is very little you can do about it right now!
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." - Winston Churchill
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

Yes, you do have a valid point. What grates at me though is that if one was to compare wages of the two public servants i.e young soldier versus binman, one is considerably far better paid and allowed to strike for the privilege of thinking he is not getting paid enough. Meanwhile his paymasters (us) have to suffer with this non service (rubbish still not collected as I type). The other is expected without question to be on call 24hrs a day and more likely than not be expected to be farmed out to a war zone, which by all accounts ain't butlins. His or her life during that period is put on the line, with a much more likely hood of encountering or facing death for much less a wage!
Yes I may be ranting like an ayatollah, but thats my right as I hate mess and when I see streets piled high with rubbish I really do realise how backward this country has become.
Now wheres that whiskey???? second thoughts make it meths straight from the chemists fridge! :drinking:
'Every man an Emperor'
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

gunner75 wrote:Yes, you do have a valid point. What grates at me though is that if one was to compare wages of the two public servants i.e young soldier versus binman, one is considerably far better paid and allowed to strike for the privilege of thinking he is not getting paid enough. Meanwhile his paymasters (us) have to suffer with this non service (rubbish still not collected as I type). The other is expected without question to be on call 24hrs a day and more likely than not be expected to be farmed out to a war zone, which by all accounts ain't butlins. His or her life during that period is put on the line, with a much more likely hood of encountering or facing death for much less a wage!
Yes I may be ranting like an ayatollah, but thats my right as I hate mess and when I see streets piled high with rubbish I really do realise how backward this country has become.
Now wheres that whiskey???? second thoughts make it meths straight from the chemists fridge! :drinking:
Just so you know, I am not disagreeing with you at all ... I 100% agree with what you say.
Before we go increasing wages on binmen's salaries and the royal fail's staff salaries, we should be at least considering feeding more money into improving, if not replacing, supplies for the military. I was listening to the BBC this morning, and they said that some soldiers are moonlighting during their leave, to make additional cash, so they can buy their own boots! I was shocked, appalled, and soooo angry!
You're right, these people have a job where the consequences of this, is the ultimate sacrifice ... death. However, never forget that they all choose this, freely and willingly. They could be one of those binmen, or they could be one of those soldiers ... either way, neither of them will be fairly treated on our eyes. I think we need to be more objective, and see if from an unbias point of view.
I think this country is great, and I've made a choice to make this my new home ... so if you think this place is rubbish, you should see where I come from .... the UK could be so much worse!

Now, pass me that bottle of whiskey .. I need some :drinking:
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

You take away all rights from the unions and see how big companies treat us.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

Yes it is a career of choice but my view is purely from the angle of the government should get its priorities right and stop being so out of touch. My gripe is that a service (waste removal) which im paying for in the form of tax contributions (which as self employed I pay alot) is not being done. Instead their allowed to strike when the country is in a recession, im sure plenty of people out of work would love to be in that position. Meanwhile there are blokes and women facing the pointy end of a bullet on the other side of the world getting paid less.
Just as a curiousity, where are you from??

Fusilier, yes I agree. you could almost say that is the case with being a soldier - as your routinely raped up the jacksy by the government, with no union to sort it all out! In the words of David Brent ' The Regime dont like it maaaan'
'Every man an Emperor'
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

gunner75 wrote:Yes it is a career of choice but my view is purely from the angle of the government should get its priorities right and stop being so out of touch. My gripe is that a service (waste removal) which im paying for in the form of tax contributions (which as self employed I pay alot) is not being done. Instead their allowed to strike when the country is in a recession, im sure plenty of people out of work would love to be in that position. Meanwhile there are blokes and women facing the pointy end of a bullet on the other side of the world getting paid less.
Just as a curiousity, where are you from??

Fusilier, yes I agree. you could almost say that is the case with being a soldier - as your routinely raped up the jacksy by the government, with no union to sort it all out! In the words of David Brent ' The Regime dont like it maaaan'
I agree. The government needs to get it's priorites right. But, will they ever? The naivity in me, hopes they will .... but the realist in me highly doubts it!
Anyways, from the sunny southern hemisphere ... South Africa.
THAT, is a country with priorities in completely the wrong order. Democracy ... my @rse!!!!
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

I bet you feel like Dorothy upon first arriving in the land of Oz :wink: . This country has its good points but for myself the 'glory' days have steadily disappeared with the sands of time. Iv been keeping an eye on things for the past few years and the doom and gloom just gets worse and worse! not that I'm a half empty glass kind of person far from it, I just have high standards and get very frustrated at individuals who want everything handed on a plate for little return!
'Every man an Emperor'
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

gunner75 wrote:I bet you feel like Dorothy upon first arriving in the land of Oz :wink: . This country has its good points but for myself the 'glory' days have steadily disappeared with the sands of time. Iv been keeping an eye on things for the past few years and the doom and gloom just gets worse and worse! not that I'm a half empty glass kind of person far from it, I just have high standards and get very frustrated at individuals who want everything handed on a plate for little return!
I certainly felt like I was Dorothy when first greeted by the land of Oz ... so much so, that I stayed for a month, and then left to go back to SA. After deciding that was a bad move, I came back here ... and haven't looked back since! It was definitely the right thing for me.

Having said that though, I can honestly say that this is not the only country where you'll find people taking (and wanting more), and expecting to give nothing in return. As they say, the grass ain't always greener on the other side, and I can definitely concur by means of experience. Not to say that moving to another country is a bad idea; just make sure it's for the right reasons ... otherwise, you'll be highly disappointed, and definitely regret the move.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

well im eyeing up new zealand as we speak as a few friends have bailed out and headed over there - all reports being spectacular! but as iv lived all over as it is i am not the type to be sold on the feel good brochure. however new zealand does kinda remind me of britain on a very sunny day so, even by my standards, im very VERY tempted. lower wage but far greater quality of life and to me thats what it is all about right now.
'Every man an Emperor'
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

A few years left then off to the USA for me, I dislike the idea of leaving Blighty but I have a son to consider???
This Govt has its priorities all wrong and none of the other Replacements are any better. No one is prepared to do the right thing.

Lower Benefits to a level where even stacking shelves brings more cash into a household.
Stop sending Aid abroad and plow it into the NHS making it the bestin the world again.
Cash spent on Bullshit Climate crap should be put into the Police and other services.
Do away with all the rubbish EU laws and get back to some sensible Law making. By using Tax breaks for Big companies lets get manufacturing back into the UK. Slash Quangoes and various other Diversity/Equality Departments and shove that cash into defence, by tighten the amount of cash we waste we can bring the Armed Forces up to a decent level finally.
But if your joining up dont expect to be paid a fortune, you will get a decent pay but it will never be at a civilians standard. We get other perks and we should accept that as a bonus rather than a right!
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

gunner75 wrote:well im eyeing up new zealand as we speak as a few friends have bailed out and headed over there - all reports being spectacular! but as iv lived all over as it is i am not the type to be sold on the feel good brochure. however new zealand does kinda remind me of britain on a very sunny day so, even by my standards, im very VERY tempted. lower wage but far greater quality of life and to me thats what it is all about right now.
Funny you should mention NZ ... my family that have lived here for about 12 years now, are emigrating there on the 8th Oct. I'll be dropping them off at the airport ... and then they're officially gone for good. NZ seems like a great place to live .. and there is so much outdoor activity ... i can't wait to head there on holidays next year.
Better quality of life is what it should always be about ... so if you feel you'd be happier there, then go for it. If it's a better life, then I'd say that is definitely a valid reason for heading off!
Tab

Post by Tab »

Now if you want to stir it with the Council demand that part of your council tax back for the weeks that have not been collected
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

Been collected today Amen to that . Till next time binmen ....... NEXT TIIIIIIIIIIME!!
'Every man an Emperor'