Share This Page:

1 Para SFSG.

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Fusilier

1 Para SFSG.

Post by Fusilier »

Just a question for any Para.

1 Para SFSG.

For a Para to join is he selected/tested or puts in a request. Can men go straight to 1 Para from training. I asked because one of the young men killed was only about 21. I know he could have been a junior but still I am interested in the workings.

Just an innocent question.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

Yes, you can get drafted to 1 Para straight from Depot, although they do seem to change the rules on that every now and then so sometimes lads will get posted there and other platoons won't get any going to 1 Para.

I'm not so sure on how you transfer in from one of the other Battalions though but I think you basically just put in a request but don't quote me on that as it's not based on any hard facts just hear say.

As for if there's any selection as far as I know passing P Company is enough to enable you to serve in SFSG, but of course they may run some kind of cadre to see if the blokes wanting to go are upto speed or not but you'd have to speak to someone in the Reg to find that out for definite.
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

all the battalions are swapping blokes now when u get promoted chances are you will get sent to one of the other two and we'll get the same back which has pissed off alot of blokes that want to stay in their original batts can honestly say i defo dont want to go to 1 or 2 para
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

sky ninja steve wrote:alot of blokes that want to stay in their original batts can honestly say i defo dont want to go to 1 or 2 para
How you supposed to get any sort of affinity to a battalion if you are forever changing.

Can you request 1 Para when you finish Depot like bored_stupid says? I presume you don't much of a choice really, not that I'm bothered which Battalion I would go to if I passed out! 8)
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
sky ninja steve

u never had a choice really it was more of a preference and what the battalions manning needed i think now they could sack goin straight to 1 off now as all three batts up like 98% manned and they liked blokes with a bit of experience to go there. also age may make a differnce say if two and three para are just about to go on tour when you pass out and ur not old enough ie under 18 then chances are you will go to 1 para to train up in one of theyre coys that not on tour that what happend to the afc lads that passed out with me
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

sky ninja steve wrote:if two and three para are just about to go on tour
Are one of the Battalions going out to Afganistan next year? If so do you know which one?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
sky ninja steve

all three will be out there next year at some piont
Tab

Post by Tab »

1 Para appear to be out there at the moment
sky ninja steve

lol yeah well i thought that was obvious that one para have coys out there constantly
Richard

Post by Richard »

The last platoon that passed out went to 1 para except for 2, 1 was under 18 and i dno about the other person. If they need men to go in 1 para then the people who pass out will go there..

Rick.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Don't mean to shit on your parade fellas, but though they're still Reg, 1 PARA are also part of DSF, so please treat discussion of them as you would discussion of other SF issues. Namely, don't.

There are ways for blokes who are in to find out about recruiting for SFSG, but discussing it over an open internet forum probably isn't the best one.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

nothing has been bleated about here thats going to ruin anyones day. im thinking comon sense will prevail rather than having it rammed down your throat..
'Every man an Emperor'
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Gunner, I don't know where you are to have such an insight on what information is or is not releasable concerning SFSG, but I know where you're not.

They're DSF. This doesn't get talked about. That includes any serving soldiers, sailors, airmen or gunners who aren't in the unit. Go to the SF forum - it's full of speculation and what the latest book said might have happened. The same applies to SFSG, even if your mate happens to be posted there and told you the gen.

Don't do it.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

pm sent. point taken.
'Every man an Emperor'
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

Don't mean to shit on your parade fellas, but though they're still Reg, 1 PARA are also part of DSF, so please treat discussion of them as you would discussion of other SF issues. Namely, don't.

There are ways for blokes who are in to find out about recruiting for SFSG, but discussing it over an open internet forum probably isn't the best one.

I disagree and as the mods have no problem with it we will continue. I have read nothing that is considered as classified but I appreciate your concern and heads up but everything is not top secret, read the question its not all James Bond.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Fo ... port_Group

http://www.eliteukforces.info/sfsg/
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.