Share This Page:

how fast will i have to run for the basic training for RM

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Flaming_fury

how fast will i have to run for the basic training for RM

Post by Flaming_fury »

im at a gym now, and im curious to know how fast im KMH ill have to run to do 2.4KM in under 9.30 minutes and some places say that you can be accepted just under 10.00 minutes.
so just to be safe and know what to do what speed in KMH would people reccommend (sorry about spelling) i run at as an average, im far from the fittest of people but i want to know what to aim for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
cheers peeps. :)
waynepe

Post by waynepe »

Simple maths, for a 10 min time times your distance by 6 ( 60 / 10 ) so looking at 14.4 KMH for a 10 min time.

For a 9:30 time you will be needing 60/9.5 - 6.23 ( and a load more digits but for ease use 6.23 ) so looking at 14.952 but aim for 15 KMH to counter any lost digits.

As a lot of members will tell you though it is by far better to train on the roads than it is on a treadmill. try http://www.mapmyrun.com/ to map out a road route to follow and run it 2-3 times a week and include a longer 5-6 mile route once a week.

Goodluck in your application.
application form : done
BARB test : passed 82
Medical : Broke my wrist so 12 months wait before reapply.
Flaming_fury

Post by Flaming_fury »

cheers :), got a bit to work on still then, and i know roads are better to run on than treadmills, but im using the treadmill to get into a good pace becuase i go to slow or to fast, so for now its just training.

cheers for teh help tho :)