Share This Page:

Promotion

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
KODE

Promotion

Post by KODE »

Hey guys,

Did a search but couldn't find anything on this subject.

I know I'm bound to get someone to tell me to worry about getting in first, but its more for the sake of me mother n father :roll:

What is the usual or average length of time it takes to get promoted from Marine to Corporal, and again to Sergeant? I understand there are lots of factors involved in gaining a promotion, and as I say i know I've got to think about getting in first, but the rents aren't completely convinced that its a 'good career path' in terms of money. I explained that with promotions it would be etc, but was stumped when my dad asked how long it would take to get promoted!

I realise I've rambled on for far too long now :D

Any info/advice/replies are much appreciated

Regards
KODE 8)
tom163

Post by tom163 »

I can't help you out on the time it takes but I was told that when you get offered a course of some type, take it insted of taking a long weekend and that will definitly get you through the ranks quicker.
druadan

Post by druadan »

When I joined the average was six years to full Cpl and ten to Sgt. I don't imagine it's changed a great deal.

That said, that's the average. A lot depends on your trade - bigger branches as a rule have faster promotion. A lot also depends on your goals; there are plenty of lads happy as Mnes who don't actively strive for promotion, which means those who do have such aspirations may climb faster. And most of all it depends on your ability; if you are seen as a leader, you will get picked up quickly. I've known a few blokes who have picked up Juniors as little as two to three years after training. A very few do it faster.

It's what you make of it.
KODE

Post by KODE »

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Thats put a stump on my dads worries :P

Thanks again

Regards
KODE 8)