Share This Page:

Constable Stephen Paul Carroll

Book of Condolences & Obituaries - Express your sympathy, lest we forget.
Med1

Constable Stephen Paul Carroll

Post by Med1 »

I haven't felt more disgusted or ashamed for a very long time. When I heard about the cowardly scumbags letting off rounds again I feared that along with the tragic murders of the two sappers (RIP lads) that the men and women of the PSNI would be firmly in sights again. Unfortunatly this was the case and a long serving ex RUC and serving PSNI officer called Constable Stephen Carroll was the latest police officer to pay the ultimate price when cowards and thugs gunned him down.

I just want to pay tribute to him and send my deepest sympathy to his family. Seeing as the RUC worked alongside our armed forces for so many years I think its fitting that as a military forum we can pay them respect. I don't think anyone here, especially those who served over the water during the bad years, will have any problems with paying respect to an old RUC man.

Constable Carroll, 48, was a married man with children from the Banbridge area of County Down. Constable Carroll was the first PSNI officer to have been murdered by paramilitaries since the force was formed in 2001. At around 9.45pm on Monday 9 March, police responded to a request for assistance from a member of the public at Lismore Manor in Craigavon where the CIRA hid and gunned him down in their trademark cowardly fashion.

Rest in peace Constable Carroll
Last edited by Med1 on Fri 27 Mar, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Arduis Fidelis
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Rest in peace Constable.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Rest easy Oppo.
The Thin Blue Line just got thinner.