Share This Page:

prmc details

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Wicksieboiirafreg

prmc details

Post by Wicksieboiirafreg »

Hi

I was thinking of joining the royal marines. I tried for the RAFREGIMENT but failed. I was thinking about going in the army but ive found out about the marines. I know there standards are much higher. But im more determined this time and want to get in. I would like some deails on PRMC what test are a must pass?. Do we have a bleep test?. And could anyone whos been give me a day to day account please thanks. And maybe some training advice. Thanks :D
ofens

Post by ofens »

Hi, try searching this site, all of the info you need is there. Just read through as many posts and use the "Search" button.
Doing this really helped me, then when I had more specific questions I was able to ask them.
Good luck
ofens
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
adamb

Post by adamb »

You have to do a PJFT wich is a 3mile run on a treadmill, i think its first 1.5mile in 12minutes, 60second break then 1.5mile in under 10minutes. Then its the PRMC, a 3 day course in which you do another 3 mile run and various other tests. Try http://www.prmc.co.uk/ its full of marines/recruits/people applying etc.
booker1570

Post by booker1570 »

You do a Pre-Joining Fitness Test (PJFT) of 3 miles at a gym local to your AFCO, this should be done in around 12 minutes for the first 1.5 mile, 1 minuite rest, then best effort second 1.5 mile, to be done in under 10 minutes.

After this you do a 3 day PRMC, consisting off a 3 mile run, conducted as a squad on the way out (1.5 miles), in again around 12 minutes, followed by again an individual best effort on the home 1.5 miles.

You then move on too Gym Test One, which involves a Bleep Test, then maximums in (2 minuites for each):

Press-ups (Marine style)
Sit-ups
Pull-ups

You then move on too Gym Test Two, a determination test. For better more accurate advice speak to your local AFCO, or look on this forum or PRMC.co.uk for diaries written by people who have attended, both passing and failing previous PRMC's.

Good luck.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Not aimed purely at Booker, his post just illustrates the point rather well - by all means lads, give advice and opinions, but if you aren't sure of the facts, don't post a 'best guess' unless you make it clear it is such. There is substantially more to the PRMC than alluded to above.

On the other hand, the advice to search is sound :wink: