Share This Page:

Travelling around Australia

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
just_me

Post by just_me »

I found the weirdest thing about Christmas in Australia (Spent a few in Melbourne) is that it's summer. I'm used to cold, dark, misrable British Christmases and here you have swimming outdoors in 25 degrees Christmases!
All the best on your travels, I'm definetly jealous mate!
Ric

Post by Ric »

Fodd, I'm green with envy...spent a year out in Oz, travelled around and up the middle in an estate car...certainly put a few miles on the clock!! It was the best year of my life I'd say, and in some ways has ruined me!! I want to go back and repeat it! It was hard at times when money was tight and with some difficult situations. The feeling of the times of desolation and isolation in the desert were awe inspiring. Some places you are well and truely on your own! I took some cash to start, but found work fruit picking and in a backpackers hostel on the east coast to help me along. If you can pick up a cheap reliable car, or jump in with someone others (there's always adverts in the backpackers...) it'll give you more freedom to see places, but if not the bus services are regular and go to most places. I have had the thought of a transfer across there, but I'll have to wait and see! :)
Enjoy!