Share This Page:

something worth mentioning

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Ali3

something worth mentioning

Post by Ali3 »

Gents,

Im in the RMR and am 3rd year of uni so am in the midst of applying for next Septembers officer batch. However, a couple of months ago Royal introduced an intial psychometic test for potential officers to be done at the AFCO before the informal interviews begin. Occifer candidates only get 2 CHANCES at this and its valid for 3 years.
It's the same test as the recruits so my predicament is that I took mine 2 years ago and passed for an RMR recruit but didnt score high enough for officer, because I didnt know I'd have to do it again! So I have only 1 chance left.

So, guys if anyone is thinking of RMR with the intention of a place in the YO batch in later years- make sure you prepare for that test! ! ! !

I'm going to contest my issue- As the thought of my life dream being dashed before I get anywhere near the actual selection procedure is making me threaders!

cheers
ihavethedetermination

Post by ihavethedetermination »

Ali,

I'm sure you will be fine, you will be amazed at how much you would have improved in the last two years. You have the benefit of knowng what to expect this time. All you will need to do is prepare correctly. Buy one of those psychometric testing for officer entry books and keep doing thing which stimulate the old grey matter :D

All the best dude 8)
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Tell me about it! :lol:

I passed but didn't get enough for Officer entry so I've only got one chance left too. :-?

Now the earliest I can join (if the Physcometric, Interview, and application POC and AIB are passed) is 2009.

He also mentioned that they might be raising the UCAS points up as well, to the equviliant of two B's.

I was also recommended how2become by him, so hopefully that means they do work!

All the best, I'm sure you'll do fine! :D
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I have my psychometric test tomorrow! Not quite sure what to expect but I have tested myself with a few books I have and feel relatively confident.
I am doing my psychometric now in the hope of applying for a bursary and joining the RMR whilst at uni but I am only in year 12 so do you think I will have to retake the test during this time considering it is a good 4-5 years before I will join the regular Corps as an officer?

Thanks
Mitch
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I know I will have to pass POC and AIB but what I want to know is whether I will have to retake the psychometric test when I come to join the regulars in about 2011/2012?

Mitch
Ali3

Post by Ali3 »

I was told it was valid for only 3 years and the system went live on August 1st.

If I had applied in June I wouldnt be in this situation. This test may put some off the RMR which is a shame because it is so good for potential regular officers/marines.
I was also told that their has been over 50% failure rate at my AFCO so far for officer candidates.

I'm waiting to hear today if they are going to give me 2 attempts again.

Cheers
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Have just done mine. Nothing too taxing but then again I don't know for sure what my mark was. Should be getting a phone call in a few days time.

Mitch
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

. . .