Share This Page:

Guess this is it

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Gazza85

Guess this is it

Post by Gazza85 »

Got my bag packed and everything done and dusted for what lies ahead starting tomorrow.

I would just like to say thanks for all of those who haven given me advice in the past and for all the other stuff on here in general.

I will keep you posted on my progress and hopefully i will be able to call myself Sapper soon enough.

Cya peeps.
[img]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5848/georgiossamaras5bk.jpg[/img]
Cliodna

Post by Cliodna »

As said on the other side.....
All the very best mate :D
lew

Post by lew »

Good luck mate, crack on and dont give in.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

Good luck Gazza just remember in 8280 days you can get a pension!
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

Good Luck, it aint as hard as people make it out to be!! Its more mental than anything else, well thats my experience.
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"
Gazza85

Post by Gazza85 »

First week over with it's flown by.

The first two days all you do is alot of waiting whilst you get your kit sized up and issued and you have your jabs done for MMR and what not.

Had some drill lessons which are fun as most people were tick tocking to start with.

Got our first proper locker inspections tomorrow so no doubt some tears will be spilled and thats just the cpls.
luke

Post by luke »

How you gettin on Gaz? Keep us posted mate!
Gazza85

Post by Gazza85 »

Start week 4 tomorrow morning. Did exercise first nights on thursday/friday/saturday which was really fun. Got about 6 hours broken sleep during the whole thing and slept like a baby last night when i got back to the block.

PT sessions are great, they thrash us for petty things like not rolling our socks down to 4 fingers wide and make us do 30-50 marine style pressups for it but its a laugh.

Going on the 25 meter range for the first time tomorrow and doing a 4 mile run.

I will tell you more about it when i have a bit more spare time.
Tennant

Post by Tennant »

Good luck for the rest of your training, i've just passed out from phase 1 and am on a weeks leave lovin it! First time ive been on here since before i started my training, :lol: seems like yesterday
Gazza85

Post by Gazza85 »

Well peeps after all that waiting and all that training i did the mong thing and i DOAR'd after 5 weeks.

I really enjoyed my time there and i would do it all again, just not for the royal engineers. I had been having doubts and niggling feelings about it all for a few weeks and after going down to Gib barracks and having some lectures i dident feel my heart was with them.

I dont know what i am going to do in the future but i am considering reenlisting in another corp or even in the RAF once i have sorted my head out. If not i have got myself on a plumbing course that starts at the end of September at college.

O well i guess thats life, you live and you learn. Dont let me put you off if your considering joining up, like i said i loved it and i would do it again just not with the RE.

2 3 up, 2 3 down, 2 3 about, 2 3 in, 2 3 left right larrrft
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

One of the most important things in life i reckon is to enjoy the job that you do otherwise theyll be a potential mid life crisis! :lol:
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

Gazza85 wrote:Well peeps after all that waiting and all that training i did the mong thing and i DOAR'd after 5 weeks.
What a waste of the army's time and money. I dont think you deserve to re-enlist.
Gazza85

Post by Gazza85 »

When i wrote my post up there i was actualy going to put a comment in along the lines of "slate me all you want" as i knew you would have a dig at me as thats what you seem to like to try best, but i thought i would give you the benifit of the doubt but you have shined once again.

I wont loose any sleep over it, i know what i have done is right, my family is behind me 100% and thats all that matters, not what some scrote i have never met thinks.