Share This Page:

Officer Training

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
guy

Officer Training

Post by guy »

Heya,

Anybody have any idea of the timescale between completing the initial application form for officer training and actually starting at Dartmouth? Any indication would be appreciated.

Cheers
Melissa_2004

Post by Melissa_2004 »

Once the application is raised it takes about 2-3 months to go to AIB- If you pass you can go as soon as you want. They intake four times a year.

However, you have to prove to your careers advisor your worthy of raising an application to AIB and of course... pass AIB!
ARMY- OFFICER SELECTION @ STAGE 6 (passed RCB B in June with a 2/12)

NAVY- AIB OFFICER SELECTION TAKE TWO- SOMETIME IN NOVEMBER....
Just - Jimpeccable

Post by Just - Jimpeccable »

I've been applying for the RAF but I'm never getting an answer to when I could actually get in if ever. It was such a close call between that and the Navy..... Now I'm thinking the Navy is a better choice since when I go into Afco they're the only ones who seem to want to help or deliver me any kind of information.

I need help,

I'm 23 now but I want to go in for Supply and Logistics Officer, the trouble is I don't want to get in when i'm 24 going on 25 which is what the RAF seem to be telling me

What is the general timescale for everything! from start to entry and what qualities must I display to assure I get in cause I want forces BAD!

Also general stuff:

I'm clocking 3-4 miles after work a day... plus countless pressups so I don't think fitness is going to be a problem but what can I do to get in and not look like an idiot!

I've bought a Gcse revision guide to help us out with maths for the tests but is there anything in particular I should work on like with RAF it's Speed/distance calcs. Any and all information would help me out so much!!!!!!

One Last thing..... Anyone with Experience with supply so I can go in confident of what I want and a researched answer!!!

Please help us out..... I'd help you!
Bish bash bosh.... job done!