Share This Page:

II Squadron RAF Regiment

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Well I know that it was classed as an operation jump and they all received a medal for the tour they did out there.
Not as flashy as it sounds but they did technically jump into a hostile country.
Glasgow is hostile ground, Sierra Leone was still under Govt control at the time of the EXERCISE, which is how it is officially annotated. I presume if anyone has medals they were awarded for involvement in the recent unpleasantness, not the EXERCISE romp. :lol:
Keeerist if they give out medals for exercises I'd be dragging my left nipple along the deck. :lol:
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
Des

Post by Des »

I think they got a medal for the London Marathon a few years back lol. Sorry on a more serious note. Didnt B squadron of the SAS do a water jump in the Falkands. And I think the Troopers wanted to wear their wings on their chest (like pilots wings). Which was meant to be a custom within the SAS. But the Senior Officers said as it was a jump to catch up with the Task Force and not in the actual Theatre it wasnt classed as a combat jump. I think I read that from a book called Soldier I.
rafregtgunner

Post by rafregtgunner »

Well trust me. I know people that received the medal for jumping in.
It was classed as operational.
We have one over the para's!!
The more you sweat in training.............
The less you bleed in battle.

81mm mortar. Gods work!!

PER ARDUA
got1

Post by got1 »

[quote="rafregtgunner"]Well trust me. I know people that received the medal for jumping in.
It was classed as operational.
We have one over the para's!![/quote]

Now then, are we talking Sierra Lionne and the FI, or Sierra Lionne on its own, or FI on it's own.
So it could be Para's 0 RAF 1 or Para's 0 RAF 2.
Or none of the above.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Well, RAFREGTGUNNER, if someone told you....... then it must be true........... :roll:
Fall in those ranks without their fire-lighting badges and first-aid medals. Hackedoff you have both which makes you the senior rank.
All those without exercise medals on a piece of 8X4 ply report to the QM where you will be issued with a cork board capable of holding your medals issued during training. :o
That is all.
El Presidente
rafregtgunner

Post by rafregtgunner »

Not just anybody told me...................oh no.........serving members of 2 sqn whom i see on a regular basis. I'll get the tin of 'stay bright' shall i?? We've got some medals to polish including my recently received Afgahnistan medal!

81mm mortar. Gods work!!

PER ARDUA
JR

Post by JR »

:wink: It strikes me old son you have a 'dangley shiny thingy complex',
not forgetting there are members on these forums who have the appropiate awards for serving in various locations throughout the great Globe,to quote a few campaigns starting way back,Palestine,Malaya,Korea,Arabian Penninsular,Cyprus,Suez,and the Suez Canal zone,Brunei,Borneo,Radfan,South Arabia.Malay Peninsular,Northern Ireland,Gulf,Kuwait and N.Iraq & S.Turkey,and a few other recent places. So Please dont come, I'm off to Polish me Medals Routine,We've seen It all before.Aye JR :wink: :wink:
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Seems very similar to an incident that occurred with annoying regularity at CTC.
Nod "Cor Cpl, where did you get all those medals?"
"Well lad, when you've done a bit, the CSM writes up your pay book, sends it off to DPRORM and they send you their catalogue, select what you have done and then stick them on.......s'easy."

:roll: :roll:
El Presidente
rafregtgunner

Post by rafregtgunner »

I'm very proud of the medals i have earned. If you would like some of your own then i will glad take a tracing and you can put them on some milk bottle lids so you don't feel left out.
You can't get fairer than that.

81mm mortar. Gods work!!

PER ARDUA
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
El Presidente
tyke172

Post by tyke172 »

Isn't it true that people who have earned medals don't brag about it? Even try to hide the fact?
RobT

Post by RobT »

Shouldn't really be telling you this Tyke but i have numerous medals from my days as a school Basketball team member and for swimming 10 metres.