Share This Page:

Women in the Special Forces

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
Kristina

Women in the Special Forces

Post by Kristina »

Are women allowed to apply for SAS selection? I am thinking about applying to the TA with a view to getting into special forces/intelligence and wondered if anyone has any advice on whether women would be considered. Cheers, Kristina
Bruce McDonald

Post by Bruce McDonald »

This has been discussed often and NO, women are not considered to try for the SAS. Although in the future things might change as they often do.
lodgi

Post by lodgi »

Doubt it. They are not allowed in the infantry so they are not gonna let em in the SAS! They will never be stong enough to haul the amount of gear the infantry units have to carry.
always go commando

Post by always go commando »

They will never be stong enough to haul the amount of gear the infantry units have to carry.
Living on the edge there mate. I know its true (about 90% of men are stronger than 90% women) but men should never say this aloud. Its like signing the warrent for your own execution
stuck in a rut, unsure about the future, unsure about the military lifestyle, for a while anyway
lodgi

Post by lodgi »

:)
lew

Post by lew »

So what its true :lol:

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
crusader

Post by crusader »

:o

Cheers! Enough to make me go veggie!!
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

I have to lift and carry round trays of sausage weighing at least 90lbs, whole pigs, whole lambs and various parts of cows. The forequarter of a cow rarely weighing less than 200lbs. Sure its hard graft and smelly but someones got to do it!!

Being a waitress at Lympstone must be wearing you down Loz, but if you have discovered your vocation, go for it! 8)
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Sorry Loz, it's that second glass of bloody freezing Chablis that did it, you know I'm not brave enough normally. Mwah :wink:
El Presidente
zombieslut

Sex change

Post by zombieslut »

Are you not happy with doing the ironing? Have you read a Mac-KNobb one too many???

Unless youre already built like a brick shit house and are prepared to go for a full sex change - dont bother.

More seriously - the furthest you can get is the Det, and if you're vaguely noticeable or 'good looking' you will most likely be passed over on some excuse like your driving isn't good enough.....
THE ZOMBIE SLUT
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Please, not another "you ain't seen me" but I live near where they come from. Is that the full authorised and accepted wisdom
Unless youre already built like a brick shit house and are prepared to go for a full sex change - dont bother. More seriously - the furthest you can get is the Det, and if you're vaguely noticeable or 'good looking' you will most likely be passed over on some excuse like your driving isn't good enough

How many thousand more are out there? ZS, I've heard some crap and seen it printed on here, but you have excelled where others simply faff about, what a load of bollocks. Back to your books, videos and pooter games. :roll:
El Presidente
zombieslut

Post by zombieslut »

El Prez - Thats fine mate -you obviously know everything about everything as 'der moderator'. In fact I'm sure you personally know lots of women who have tried out for the Det and failed?

I'm afraid I'm a realist - the fact is, women's roles and opportunities for promotion to the UK Special Forces are disparate to say the least - hence I was merely encouraging Kristina to keep her feet on the ground.

Ps I share my handle with a gaming enthusiast in Sutton Coldfield, but sadly I'm not much of a gamer my self, nor do I possess a video. Yes I do read books - but I'm more of a classical enthisiast that a McKnobbist.

Yours most sluttishly, and said without spitting once,
THE ZOMBIE SLUT
lew

Post by lew »

owww i can see this one getting interesting!!!

seconds out, round 1.

ding ding

:agrue:

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
jonboy

Post by jonboy »

Here are the rules:
no nails and no pulling hair.............+ you both have to be naked :o
alright
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

I'll put some jelly in the paddling pool and we can get this show on the go!
- Cobalt

"It's always funny until someone gets hurt - then it's hilarious"