Share This Page:

Political correctness

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Andy O'Pray

Political correctness

Post by Andy O'Pray »

I have just watched a CNN news clip of Royal clearing houses in Umm Qasr. I was somewhat bemused with the clip and thought of the warnings preceeding most movies.

Warning, this movie contains scenes of violence, but will not contain obscene language.

Royal bursts in the door, shouts. "Get on the f@#$ing floor" and the TV station bleeps out the word "f@#$ing". Go figure.

Aye - Andy.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Andy....saw that bit a couple of times, thought the lad kicking in the outer door, booted it with so much enthusiasm I thought he was going to fall on his ass, still it was great to see the lads enjoying themselves at long last.....though I thought they were a little restraint, perhaps it was because the cameras were there. Back here they say the fox doe'nt enjoy the chase, those rag heads appeared to, coz they kept on wanting to move their heads to look at the camaras! Well done all
Aye
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Radio 5 last night had a classic BBC panel, the shows presenter, a lady from Janes and the editor of the Independent (strongly anti-war). They were in the process of rubbishing military phraseology such as Military Intelligence and Carpet Bombing in an Islington Dinner Party giggly way, all laughing and sneering at the UK military, when an email was placed in front of the presenter. He read it and paused.
"You and your guests are disparaging, patronising, offensive and ignorant of the terminology used in war. You have never used or experienced these terms. That fact does not make them stupid."

Whoever wrote the email deserves a beer. They immediately, all three, started back pedalling like the shisters they are and did not want to be associated with taking the mick out of the military, at such an insensitive time. The BBC has an awful lot of questions to answer when this is over; impartial, I think not.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
scaleyback

Post by scaleyback »

The BBC payroll is almost entirely populated by Independant and Gaurdian readers. Their constant naysaying and negativity and blatant anti-war stance is, considering the 'unique' way they are funded, quite criminal at a time like this, or anytime really.
James82ah

media

Post by James82ah »

I agree with everything you say DelD. The media should definately try harder. I myself am merely a "hopefull" wannabe Royal Marine, but I cannot understand why journalists, the one set of people in the whole world whose JOB it is to find out everything, and report it can't find out such a seemingly small detail as to the correct way of saying 40-42 or 45 commando. As you know, it's said as four-two, or four-five, not 45th or 42nd. I even read in a newspaper the other day something about the 40th command regiment!

P.S, I'm pretty certain the Abraham Tank is the U.S main battle tank. Not 100% on that though.
My sincere sympathy for the friends and family and comrades of the bereaved. God be with them all. Come home safely.
Topper

Post by Topper »

Arabaham had seven sons, Arabhams is a tank.
rabby

Post by rabby »

Arabhams is a tank
No, Arabhams is a ham from an Arabic pig, the M1 Abrams is the U.S. main battle tank. :fist:
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.