Share This Page:

games

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Dan UK

games

Post by Dan UK »

this isnt relevant to anything that has been said really.but does anyone know any good military games to get for pc?(looking at the multiplayer point of view to)i have ghost recon and desert siege so if anyone wants to play me add me on msn dannyseery@msn.com
TheCount

Post by TheCount »

Operation Flashpoint - Difficult but probably the besthttp://www.flashpoint1985.com/

Americas Army - Free Dwonload http://www.americasarmy.com/
diomed

Post by diomed »

Return to castle wolfenstein is pretty good, but you wont get much military value out of it. Can get a dude server sometimes with all the kids playing TK etc.
Also Forgotten Battles, great flight sim with mostly a good crowd where you can get some good games in
Bob Sidmond

Operation Flashpoint

Post by Bob Sidmond »

If anyone wants a game of flashpoint PM me
Peds

Post by Peds »

I'm getting ready to buy Delta Force Black Hawk Down, I'll keep you posted on the goodness of it.
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Operation Flashpoint is the best in my opinion. LOADS of user add ns for it. Just got the Falklands War addon, made by some Argies and it's very bias.

If you want strategy definately try Close Combat III. It's a WW2 real time strategy game based on the 'Battle of the Bulge'. Very realistic and addictive.
- Cobalt

"It's always funny until someone gets hurt - then it's hilarious"
Chris

RTCW

Post by Chris »

Return to CastleWolfenstien is the best in my opinion and BattleField 1942 is good also you can DL a demo for both
Dis i spell that right?
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Old Quakeworld DM & TF player here. ;)
Havn't really played alot of online games since the closure of the Gaming Service Provider i use to run and work for. 8)
But do enjoy the odd game of Medal of Honor Allied Assualt. :)
faddius

Post by faddius »

Good old Counter Strike with teams of 15 each is a good laugh. Some beer and munchies and you've got yourself an afternoon. Just beware when you go outside after you are expecting a sniper or a frag grenade at every corner. :P

~James
Peds

Post by Peds »

the college computer network has counterstrike on it. every single breaktime and free period you can guarantee that there will be about 6 people or so in a computer room, stinking the place out with sweat.

i dont understand that... how can you sweat by sitting down? they just sit there eating, but they create a stench akin to the lads changing room after a rugby match. its not human, I tells ya.

oh, and any fans of the "Worms" series of games should look for "Liero" RIGHT NOW! pretty consuming 2player/single player game. its like worms, the original one before the worms got the cutesy wootsy treatment, but its played in realtime. no turn taking, just constant bullet dodging.
Sven

Post by Sven »

how can you sweat by sitting down?
I`ve heard people say they can build up a sweat by lying down. Carn`t thing how. :wink:
James82ah

games

Post by James82ah »

I've just nearly completed Delta Force Black Hawk Down. Bloody good game, it can be slightly irritating at times, but the good bits are well worth it. I'd recommend it, but only for high spec PCs as all the dust and smoke will have your graphics card going insane. The sound effects are great too. I just can't get past the level "Mogadishu Mile", anyone done this level? Any tips?

Operation Flashpoint and it's add ons is a great game, probably the best actually. Very hard, very very hard sometimes, and the semi out of date graphics are made up for by the quality of the game.

Tom Clancys "Ghost Recon" is a very detailed, very hard and very good Special Operations game, and I'd recommend it if you like painstaking tactical thinking.

Vietcong is due out soon, and looks amazing.
My sincere sympathy for the friends and family and comrades of the bereaved. God be with them all. Come home safely.
Peds

Post by Peds »

vietcong? i assume thats a vietnam based game, so tell all... im pretty sure there havnt been many 'nam games around.

and give more info on BHD, as my paycheques seem to be getting smaller and I need to think hard about what I buy. oh, and for the mog mile, I suggest using a cheat. best way, then go back again and do it later without cheats.
TheCount

Post by TheCount »

Pah! Cheats....... Burn the heretic
James82ah

Vietcong

Post by James82ah »

Vietcong certainly is a vietnam game, and by the looks of it, a very very good one. It's a first person shooter, where you play as yank special forces. The jungle looks absolutely amazing, but I'm afraid I can't really say whether the gameplay is good as the graphics, as I've not played it. It certainly looks good. My advice, wait for this one, and let BHD go down in price before you buy it. It's good, but maybe not worth £35. I've completed the MOG mile, and also the very last mission. You go on a Black Op in 1996, and zap Aidid, and make it look like he died in the clan wars. Ooops, sorry didn't mean to give it away!!!

You've got a great arsenal at your disposal, and similar to the older Delta force games, you usually get to choose your gear for missions. Barret .50, M21, M60, Minimis, M16, M4, 203, MP5 and a good few others, plus ,50 cals on top of Humvees and Mini guns on the side of the UH-60s. My only real complaint about the game is the bloody skinnys with RPGs, they're so dam annoying!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
My sincere sympathy for the friends and family and comrades of the bereaved. God be with them all. Come home safely.