Share This Page:

You couldn't make it up

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Alfa,
With over 500 posts you are still a rookie. Have you not yet learned the first rule of discussion forums? Never let reason, logic, common sense, common decency and the truth, detract from a conspiracy theory!
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

I am getting on a bit so could someone please remind me of the last time I was
quoting the Daily bloody Mail.
As for driving person or persons unknown from the forums, I would hope that any form of inappropriate behaviour would be dealt with by those with the authority to do something about it! I refer to an earlier post regarding this issue:
I am absolutely confident that if any member, or guest, has posted any material that contravenes the Terms of Agreement, the issue would have been competently dealt with by Admin and/or the Mods.
As my old Sgt Major used to say, "For those who have done well, well done!"

He was a card.
Last edited by Rogue Chef on Sat 31 May, 2008 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Alfa wrote:
flightywrighty wrote:I notice that yourself and Aitch have driven away Kiwi same as you did with myself.
Flighty, Kiwi saw herself off when she started spouting her bigoted views and approval at the death of a British soldier. It was a decision supported by probably everyone on here and certainly wasn't a case of Rogue or Harry ganging up on her!

If you want to portray yourself as a victim then crack on but kiwi had no one to blame but herself.
I am not a victim. Neither was Kiwi. Again, I disagreed with her points of view and said so. But I am sick to death of this forum becoming a clique.

SO19 and I might have got on had he chosen not to blab about a PM I sent him once upon a time.

JAYNE
flighty

Post by flighty »

Rogue Chef wrote:I am getting on a bit so could someone please remind me of the last time I quoted directly from The Daily bloody Mail.

As for driving person or persons unknown from the forums, I would hope that any form of inappropriate behaviour would be dealt with by those with the authority to do something about it! I refer to an earlier post regarding this issue:
I am absolutely confident that if any member, or guest, has posted any material that contravenes the Terms of Agreement, the issue would have been competently dealt with by Admin and/or the Mods.
As my old Sgt Major used to say, "For those who have done well, well done!"

He was a card.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Blah blah fricking blah.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

As much as I'd like to see how this ends I'm going to agree with the member from the UAE and SO.
After careful thought I believe we made the correct decision to bin Kiwi.
Terms and Conditions were violated.
This was decided by the mods and Rogue had no input.
I hope this Clears Lower Decks so we can move forward.
Life is way too short. :o
SO19

Post by SO19 »

flightywrighty wrote:SO19 and I might have got on had he chosen not to blab about a PM I sent him once upon a time.
The one you admitted you were pissed-out-of-your-head and the accusations of racism were complete bollocks... or the one where you we're calling me a gobshite? :P

I love a good fantasy story as much as the next person, but I think the 'getting on' bit was never going to happen.

Thanks for the name drop flighty. :wink:
Last edited by SO19 on Fri 30 May, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Wholley,

When we have meetings out here we still refer to them as "Clear Lower Decks".

Moving on!

I expect there are some members who are
sick to death
of wild accusations being levelled at them for no apparent reason. To whom I would offer the following advice. As my old Sgt Major used to say "Just let it all wash over you son, they'll get tired of it eventually".

Wise words from a great man.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Blah blah fricking blah.
I wonder if the EMAT could provide a real translation?
flighty

Post by flighty »

SO19 wrote:
flightywrighty wrote:SO19 and I might have got on had he chosen not to blab about a PM I sent him once upon a time.
The one you admitted you were pissed-out-of-your-head and the accusations of racism were complete bollocks... or the one where you we're calling me a gobshite? :P

I love a good fantasy story as much as the next person, but I think the 'getting on' bit was never going to happen.

Thanks for the name drop flighty. :wink:
Someone (not myself) reminded you at the time that the content of PMs was private.

BTW ''were'' .... not ''we're.''

Touche ... with a (missing) acute accent.

Jayne
flighty

Post by flighty »

Rogue Chef wrote:
Blah blah fricking blah.
I wonder if the EMAT could provide a real translation?
Such a wag! :multi:
SO19

Post by SO19 »

Instead of sending me half-arsed excuses flighty, you would have been better served explaining yourself to the others you were accusing; in the relevant thread and for everyone's benefit.

And you're right about the private messages, but that's only for people I like. :P
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
flighty

Post by flighty »

Half arsed excuses my backside! I have given you my private number, my mobile number and my email address. many times

You have chosen not to reply to any of them.
SO19

Post by SO19 »

Why on earth do I need to ring you up over something said on an internet forum? You have a strange habbit of insisting people ring you everytime you disagree with them.

A simple post will suffice.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Could Admin, or one of the Moderators, please steer me to the part in the ToA (Terms of Agreement) that stipulates that the content of PMs is strictly private and not to be rebroadcast elsewhere?

If someone communicates with me by PM and clearly states that he or she would like the content to be kept secret between the two of us, then I would probably/possibly (depending on the content) respect that person's confidentiality, otherwise it is open source material.

I don't repeat the contents of most PMs I receive, not because the contents are sensitive, but because they would not be interesting to anyone else.

As my old Sgt Major used to say, "If you want to keep something secret, don't tell anyone". Wise words from the old master, and he should know he was a spy, but don't tell anyone!

I expect that somewhere in this message I have made some form of minor typing or grammatical error, please feel free to point it out.
Last edited by Rogue Chef on Wed 11 Jun, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.