Share This Page:

Age in the Navy

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
gav78

Age in the Navy

Post by gav78 »

Hiya. I am currently waiting on a start date for the navy but am i little concerned about my age. I am 27 at the moment and when I starting the recruitment process a was 26 now it looks like by the time I join up I will be 28 and im wondering is that to old? I know its older then most new recruits (if not all) but just wondered if anyone thinks this is something worth considering. I know ill get the piss taken a bit but I can handle that......Any thoughts.....????
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Do whatever YOU feel is right don't pay any attention to what other's may think of you and remember AGE IS NOTHING BUT A NUMBER!! I don't feel any different than I did at 20 and I'm sure you feel the same.

As long as you feel your age won't hold you back physically, and let's face it 27 isn't exactly old is it, you shouldn't have any problems also once out of basic training there will be plenty of guys your ages on ship or wherever your posting is.
tezmal

Post by tezmal »

not at all, few loads joined up with me over 30
[img]http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/rn/data/gallery/thumb/1029408581t.jpg[/img]
ET(WE)Pooley

Post by ET(WE)Pooley »

i joined up with a 33 yr old and i tell ya i became close to him sound fella still talk know... his life experiance was a blessin in basic plus he had clippers did all our hair made a mint hahaha.... age is nothin it just gives u more to help the younger kids out but the age in basic doesnt mean u will be in charge it means u can help them out all the 16+ and sometimes it helps alot...