Share This Page:

newbie UK & US

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Claire

newbie UK & US

Post by Claire »

Hi everyone

I'm an English woman and my partner is a US marine currently away, just wondering if there's anyone else out there with a US serving boyfriend, at the moment I seem to be the only one in the world
He is hoping to move UK when he has finished over there, just wondering if anyone knows how to go about it n how to get the ball rolling

Any advice however small would be appreciated

Thank you
Claire
IrishDigger

Re: newbie UK & US

Post by IrishDigger »

Hello Claire, welcome to the forum, sorry I can't assist in your inquiry but was wondering why your American boyfriend would want to settle in the UK, given that most of the Brits what to get out of the place.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Hello
It's because my dad has cancer and I want to be close for the remainder of his time he has left

Claire
armyprynne

Post by armyprynne »

I can't speak about people heading to the UK but I've gone the opposite way for my fiancée. I'm now living in the US after something of a rigmarole but I'm very happy. There are plenty of dedicated sites you can look at covering immigration visas. Good luck!
Last edited by armyprynne on Wed 30 Apr, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Claire, if you want to, come along and join www.britishforcessweethearts.co.uk - it's a forum specifically for women with an association with the Forces, I moderate over there too (in the name of Bluebird).
I don't think we currently have any members with American partners, but we certainly used to. I think hers got posted to Mildenhall with the USAF though so it was a bit of a different case, but there may be someone around who can help!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Tab

Post by Tab »

My sister lad is a Major in the American Green Berets, then there was me who was a private in the Para's work that one out