Share This Page:

So keen to join the British Army!

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Jamil

So keen to join the British Army!

Post by Jamil »

Hi all, newly registered user here!

So basically I have a few questions that I'd like to unleash.

I've always been interested in the Military and have always envied those who join the British Army. I'm actually a new British Citizen (as of today, i just received my British Passport) which means i'm a duel citizen of both the UK AND Australia. I live in Australia and am told that I am able to actually apply from overseas. Is this true? I was under the impression I had to LIVE in the UK even if i am a British Citizen now.

My other question revolves around the application and (hopefully) acceptance of my application. I currently study economics which has a large amount of english and maths, so I am confident that I can get an A or B in my tests. That being the case, does this put me ahead of others and speed up my application? If it does, in your experience how long does it roughly take on avergae (i know this is a 'how long is a piece of string' type question) to be accepted and begin training if all goes well? I'd want to ideally apply to be Infantry, it's something I'd LOVE to do. Here in Australia it takes anywhere from 1 year to 2 years to be accepted and potentially even longer after that to begin the training as Infantry is a heavy competition role with very limited spots.

The reason I'm asking all this is because if i am to go to multiple interviews/tests/icebreakers etc I'd like to know how long i'd ROUGHLY have to be in the UK for as i'd obviously need to travel over to complete everything.

Finally I plan on actually applying towards the end of this year so I have a completed (or at least nearly completed) degree.

Thanks and sorry for the wall of text!
Jamil
Fringlish

Re: So keen to join the British Army!

Post by Fringlish »

You can apply from overseas from any common wealth country, you might want to go and look on the British army's website in the "can i join" section to see in further detail.