Share This Page:

forums

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
bradqwer

forums

Post by bradqwer »

I done a quick search online is there any other forums where new guys like myself can ask questions relating to joining the army? as the only one i seem to find is this and ones dedicated to the US forces, sorry if this been asked before cheers in advance
Amphibian

Re: forums

Post by Amphibian »

Hello bradqwer,

This forum has many users from different branches of the military. If you have a specific question, then ask away and we will do our best to help. Alternatively you can look on the Arsse forums.

Amphibian
"Chin up, crack on"
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Brad, I'm afraid this place isn't quite as well visited as it used to be, so whilst you may ask a question, you may not always get an answer..... Use the 'search' facility as most questions have been answered on here before. Have a quick spin through the titles of old threads in the army section. Something will catch your eye as being worth reading.... The 'Stickies' in the Army Joining & Training section are useful in providing tips on what to expect as far as ATR and ADSC are concerned.

(EDIT - on second thoughts, don't bother with the ATR thread as it's crap.... I've just read it and it just consists of "Anyone need a lift to Pirbright?" or "I'm so excited...Anyone else going to Basingbourne on 12 Nov? lol..." and other shite posts... <yawn> )

Alternatively..... and I say this in a whisper, as it's extremely bad form to nudge people to other sites...... I could suggest you have a gander at 'another army forum' where the web-traffic is so busy you can hardly keep up with all the posts! I'd suggest you read the stuff before you think of posting on there as the regulars can be ruthless if you ask a bone question.... Plenty to get your teeth into.......

This link will take you to the section relating to Regular Soldier Recruitment. LOTS of info on useful kit to take on basic training, tips for Icebreaker, fitness queries, ADSC/ATR/ITC queries, medical queries....
http://www.arrse.co.uk/regular-soldier-recruitment-94

At this moment this site can't match the info that's on ARRSE for currency and quantity .
Good luck!
ofens

Post by ofens »

Hey Brad, as said above this forum has become quieter lately but there is a wealth of knowledge in there, questions asked by people like you and I over hte last few years that have been answered and discussed in depth :)
Have a look through.
And post some questions of your own and start some discussions! 8)
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]