Share This Page:

RAF Environmental Health Query

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
Sudokist

RAF Environmental Health Query

Post by Sudokist »

Hello

I am in the final year of my Environmental Health degree and have been considering joining the RAF to do Environmental Health. I was wondering how this would work as I already have the degree? I have spoken to a few different careers advisers and none of them were able to provide me with any information other than what I could find on the RAF website. I've looked at the Royal Navy and they appear to be the only force that recruit people direct into the Environmental Health Officer role. However they require you to be registered with the Env. Health Registration Board, which I am told is approximately another 1-2 years worth of CPD-type work following the degree and depending on how quickly you can complete the portfolio and professional exams. Is it likely I would still be accepted as an EH Tech but exempt from having to undertake the foundation degree? And would I be fast tracked to go on and get registered?

Thanks
Hyperlithe

Re: RAF Environmental Health Query

Post by Hyperlithe »

Sorry, absolutely no idea!
Your best bet for something that specific is to go into your nearest AFCO and speak to them.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours