Share This Page:

Changing from para to marines

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
blueboy

Changing from para to marines

Post by blueboy »

I want to join the marines but was a bit of a clown in the past so ive got criminal convictions and im sure the marines wont accept me untill my convictions are spent, my convictions wont be spent for another 4 years, im 19 now so ill be 23 by the time i get to join, and im not prepared to sit around doing nothing with my life for four years. The army will accept me so if i join the para's will i be able to swap over to the marines when im 23? and does anybody know the procedure?
Dont Go Through Life.... Grow Through Life
Rover

Re: Changing from para to marines

Post by Rover »

This taken direct from the PRMC site.

It is indeed possible to transfer "in service" however unless you've completed the Combat Infantrymans Course (CIC) & All Arms Commando Course, you can usually expect to start Recruit Training from scratch unless the RM requirements manager advises differently.

"In service transfers" are administered by your own Army chain of command & the advice is to do the "legwork" to make the transfer as easy as possible - ie: perhaps consider undergoing the RM Recruiting Test, Interview, PJFT & PRMC on leave, etc.via your local AFCO

The difficult bit, is getting the Army to agree to the transfer as very often it is placed firmly in the "too difficult tray" & the individual is advised to leave & re-apply which is a very high risk strategy should you fail an element of selection.

There's more on the subject here: http://prmc.royalnavy.mod.uk/showthread.php?t=155

Best of luck, it's fairly common at AFCOs if you leave, but less so with regard transferring whilst still serving.

Rover
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
blueboy

Re: Changing from para to marines

Post by blueboy »

Thanks for that Rover, much appreciated.
Dont Go Through Life.... Grow Through Life