Share This Page:

RM to Pilot

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
sammy571819

RM to Pilot

Post by sammy571819 »

Hi lads, just a quick question i was hoping someone would be able to help me with. Im currently serving up at 45 and was wondering what my options were to trying to train to be a pilot. I'd like to fly fj and im not too bothered where i go to try and do that, i just want to do it in the shortest time possible because im pushing 25 already. I know this probably means i'd have to go commission in the navy or raf, could i get the ball rolling while im still in the corps or have to leave completely first? Ive also got another years minimum service so i dont know whether i'd have to finish that before they'd let me leave. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, its hard to find people that know a lot about this. cheers
Applied : 30th March 2006
Psychometric test: 24th April - PASSED
Interview: 10th May - PASSED
Medical: 10th May - PASSED
PJFT: 28th May - PASSED
RMAD: 12th September - PASSED
PRMC: 9th Jan - PASSED
timex

Post by timex »

You will need to get your finger out and either go for a commision in the RN or try for the AAC or RAF. All 3 services have different age limits some (I believe) go up to 30. Once in training you will be in the pipeline for about 2 years.

Transfering to the AAC may be an option but you will need to get promoted and then past grading.
Hantslad

Post by Hantslad »