Share This Page:

transfering to paras

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
rich88

transfering to paras

Post by rich88 »

Hello been a while since I been on here.. I was keen to join the parachute regiment a while ago however due to fitness at adsc ended up joining a line infantry battalion which I have been in for over a year now. Could anyone tell me the procedures for transfering to the paras? Is it likely I would get blown out? If not after my time if i signed off and signed back on as paras would I start day 1 week 1 depo again??
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

I believe if you want to transfer from another Regiment you have a skills assessment to see what level you are at and if you pass that you get slotted into a platoon around week 10/12.

There reason I know this is because there were several lads who transfered over from other Regiments on my platoon and this is what they said they did.

Not sure how you would go about starting the ball rolling, maybe try asking over on ARRSE as there's a lot more serving soldiers on there who will prob be able to help you out more or maybe try sending SandyTheGuvnor a PM to see if he can help you out.
Tab

Post by Tab »

When I transferred across I did through the Company Office. Speak to your Sergeant and ask him how you go about arranging it. You will still have to pass the P Course so will need to work on your fitness.
rich88

Post by rich88 »

Alrite will do that when i get back from leave, u mean the p course as in all arms p company or as in para depo??
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

It'll be Para Depot if you want to join the Parachute Regiment, you'll do P Company with one of the regular recruit platoons rather than doing the All Arms Course as that's for those joining the support Regiments.
Tab

Post by Tab »

If you are interested I have just had a note saying that all the Battalions will be at full strength by early next year