Share This Page:

The youth of today

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Obi Wan Kenobi

The youth of today

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

The youth of today? Who do they think they?

Standing around with their hands in their pockets, dirty, unshaven, drinking and smoking.

They have no respect for other folks; trampling their flowers and destroying their property.

Never happened in my day. I blame the parents.

Bring back the birch!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 341429.ece
Last edited by Obi Wan Kenobi on Sat 28 Mar, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Total quality

Royal, showing all the reasons they are the best in the world.

On the topic of kids today, I work in an AFCO/ACIO and see some of these kids come in to apply.
Have been taken aback again and again, with the scrotes who come in and then the total change when they come back from Basic training.

The Armed Forces is still turning out silk purses from sows ears, trust me on this one.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

this is what its all about. every man jack wannabe that has registered with this site and going through the process should aspire to this total professionalism. its what soldiering is all about. those that have done the rounds but not got the experience of being in war theatre can only drool with envy.

and yes kids today expect everything delivered on a plate. the terms achievement, pride and getting out into the big wide world seems to of been lost to the 'yoof' of today. too busy playstationing it or tugging too much to internet smut no doubt.
Last edited by gunner75 on Sun 29 Mar, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Every man an Emperor'
Daggers

Post by Daggers »

Hi there i am 16 and currently joining the army im not the little good boy not for a long way but because i wanted to join the army since i was young and now is the time for me to do it, i have grown up since i used to be a little shit...but my mates stay the same smoking weed everyday, getting in debt and basiclly shit for a life.

I guess what im trying to say is that why did i grow up and get on the good path and the rest stayed the same...not a care in the world and they are like 20 now...?
B.A.R.B - 72
ADSC - Passed
Intake- Sep 06
Joining
Parachute Regiment
Tab

Post by Tab »

The youth of yesteryear, ah there was Rock & Roll, Mods and Rockers, and don't forget the Teddy boys and the birch still ruled in some areas. You could get a pint of Scumpy for about 2p in todays money and used to get total blasted for a schilling, you park were you liked and do a ton on your bike and no one gave a dam, you rode with out a helmet and tore around the country side standing on the running board of mates car and still no one worried you could have a good stand up fight in the street and no one worried as they knew apart from a cut cuts and bruises nothing else would happen. The problems today there are so many more dam rules to break and every one seems over senstive about what every one else is doing. Where we better than todays youth or were we just allowed to be kids
bindu

Re: The youth of today

Post by bindu »

Obi w@#k wrote:The youth of today? Who do they think they?

Standing around with their hands in their pockets, dirty, unshaven, drinking and smoking.

They have no respect for other folks; trampling their flowers and destroying their property.

Never happened in my day. I blame the parents.

Bring back the birch!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 341429.ece
Tab

Post by Tab »

Most of the youth are fine but the real hooligans really stand out as no one seems to slap them down. I think that those that are unemployed and in trouble should be formed into some form of work battalions and put put to work for a year or so.
owdun

Post by owdun »

Good suggestion,Tab,but it will never happen,some ambulance chaser would be on the 'Human Rights ' bandwagon in very short order.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Tab wrote: ah there was Rock & Roll, Mods and Rockers, and don't forget the Teddy boys
Which were you Tab?
I was a rocker(although I did have a drape and a pair of crepes for stepping out)600cc. Matchless and a leather jacket with the flying"M"on the back. :P
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

:D

Rock'n'Roll !

Tell your Great Grandmothers that I'm back ! -------

All you had to do was say the words " crepe soled shoes " or " ducktail "

Magic words that spirited me back to MF

But - Why did " Binto " revive this old thread of the Chef ?

Interested - Norway
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Tab

Post by Tab »

There were Mods & Rockers Paul and bloody soldiers, guess which one i was
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I take it you did'nt get into any"bovver"in Sarfend then Tab.
:P :P :P We used to ride from the Musketeer which was our favorite coffee bar in Essex to Sarfend just to get into trouble,which we did.....A lot. 8)
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

I thought I'd posted a reply here, maybe I'm getting old.

Anyway, this thread is all the more pertinent in the wake of the recent honours list, in which Royal was deservedly recognised.

Remember for every award there are dozens of equally deserving nominations that are not realised.

Our own Brigade Commander and my former Troop Commander was honoured with a bar to his DSO. Outstanding.

Kate Nesbitt (the daughter of former RM Clive Nesbitt), is a medic in the RN and was awarded the MC. Her brother is also RM.

Clive and I served in 40 Cdo RM during the early 80s and were on the same JCC. He was C Coy at the time. Went Sigs later.

Our instructor on our JCC described Nessie's orders as "The best set of orders I have ever heard on a JCC".
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Punk has a lot to answer for!!!!!
Green hair and ripped jeans lol, may have to dig out some Pictures