Share This Page:

what its about

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
gunner75

what its about

Post by gunner75 »

ok lads thought id post this as its whats you WILL do.but just imagine differnt scenario for training i.e pissing it down at brize near oxford not glamourous desert in godstoilet far eastern area.... here we go .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJBIyIdF ... r_embedded lookand behold lads, the shape of that mass drop and hercy bird will stick with you fooooorever ;o) espesh when you do it.
'Every man an Emperor'
Tab

Post by Tab »

Now when I was lad this is what it was like,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0447919775

paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

god i hope i eventually get to that stage! :o
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

paraprep1 wrote:god i hope i eventually get to that stage! :o
Yeah, No shit, me too. With a lot of hard work we will ;)
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

il see if i can find the vid of us ( 3para) jumpin into ranville normandy out of hercs and dakotas the other day for the 65th anniversary of d-day landings
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I saw you lot in your C-130's and C-47's,although I was a little to the west,so I didn't see you exit.
Good effort.
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

was awsome just as shame that maybe on the 70th anniversary many of the old and the brave may be lost it get less and less every year so the storys you get while you are there will start to fade away.
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
Tab

Post by Tab »

I have been trying to get the old boys stories from our Branch of the PRA, Some i have posted on the British Small Wars site and the other have gone to Para Musuem at Duxford