Share This Page:

Jimmy Saville

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Darren82

Jimmy Saville

Post by Darren82 »

What's the score with Jimmy Saville? I was on PRMC last week and he was in the gym during Gym Test 2 and I nearly kicked him about 3 times as he was right in the way of this forward roll part of the circuit thing.

Probably lucky I didn't as he was stood with the RSM and my already extremely short career in RM would have ended at the moment!

He was however wearing customary tracksuit, medallion and green lid!

So what's his story?
Doc

Post by Doc »

He's a hon Lid and supports the corps hugely.

Hes done most if not all of the Commando tests.
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

Fair play! I knew they had a Saville room at CTC but never made the connection
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

"Now then, now then...."

Ex professional wrestler, coal miner, Marathon Man extraordinaire, charity fund-raiser (where would Stoke Mandeville Hospital be etc......) and personal ‘dream-maker’ to kids (and granddads) who wanted to get Jim To Fix It, is also an Honorary Marine.....
Survival experts?" he exclaims, suddenly animated. "You're bloody looking at one! I was made an honorary Royal Marine 42 years ago. They invited me to attempt their 30-mile exercise across Dartmoor as a publicity stunt. They didn't count on me finishing it though did they? They were embarrassed that a long-haired DJ could complete their toughest course so they had to make me a Marine. And a Green Beret."
A bit of a fantasist eccentric 80 year old...... (Giving an beret to a TV personality doesn’t make you a Marine, Jim) but he still holds the Marines in high regard....
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

you see him doing the rounds in my neck of the woods every now and then - rhoundhay park leeds. he IS a legend but off his head! ;o)
'Every man an Emperor'