Share This Page:

Medical

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
mojo

Medical

Post by mojo »

Just want to know is the medical for the TA the same as you'd get for the regs, i.e. do you have to get doc to fill out forms or is it simply them asking you questions?

What exactly do they do to you???????? :-?
MrC

Post by MrC »

My TA medical was a lot more relaxed than my regular medical, for the TA, he basically just looked me up and down! I did have the full hearing test though.

I'm sure they will have requested my medical details from my Doc though, and I suppose there is the possibility that they could already get access to my medical details from my RM application as my regular medical came before the TA one.

If it is supposed to follow the regular medical it's basically a full body examination, to make sure you work properly ;)

Nothing at all to worry about, Good luck!
mojo

medical

Post by mojo »

Thank you for your help MrC.
Steve14

Post by Steve14 »

Is the 4 Para medical the same as the TA medical?

Are they looking for more robust people for 4 para or are they the same standards?

cheers
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

Lucky you! My Ta medical took ages. I think he tried to find any reason possible to fail me, he was sure I would on the hearing test, ears need a clean. lucky me I made it but had me worried. RM one was a piece of piss.
"The only time you should start worrying about a soldier is when they stop bitchin'."
Congrats 946Trp