Share This Page:

Shipmates - BBC1 9pm every Tuesday

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
jockladfaejockland

Post by jockladfaejockland »

gen it is three tin a day or you can save your tins up and get sloshed or offer sexual favours and get sloshed on someone elses tinnies :o
Nobbys the name Minehunting the game.

I'll get me coat...
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Go and help in one of the biggest natural disasters of the last two centuries and do some good, or go shopping then get mindlessly drunk. Its a toughy. It was 4 days after the quake and tsunami, and in Dubai, couldnt he have picked up a paper? Watched the news for 2 seconds? I cant believe he knew nothing about the scale of the disaster.

What a humanitarian and an 'absolute shower'. :roll:

The bloke in the scene proceeding had it spot on and respect to him for what he said. Top man.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

I met the helicoptor crew back in August at HMS Flying Fox, although they were flying a Gazelle at the time.

Spiffing chaps, they said you were perfectly within your rights to shout "GET SOME!" whilst using the .50. :lol:
feederboy

Post by feederboy »

What a humanitarian and an 'absolute shower'.
Speaking as a current serving matelot, who's been stitched with Christmas duties, I'm sure he was just looking forward to a run ashore and some enjoyment at a time when he was away from his family. I seem to remember that it took some time for people in this country to realise the full extent of the disaster, let alone a frigate in foreign waters.

The fact of the matter is, the crew of the Chatham made a difference with all the aid they provided to the affected areas, despite deploying at extremely short notice.
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Hmm, a bunch of idiots looking for ghosts and a woman who I can only assume was Hyacinth Bucket organising a rendition of HMS Pinafore... The series ended well didn't it.. :roll:
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Hyacinth Bucket lol, that musical was ludicrously camp.
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

Did you see the episode with the old couple in it? That was funny, everything one of them said the other would echo it straight after!
harry73

Post by harry73 »

Saw the eposode where a team of Royal Engineers won the Field Gun event. :D

Sorry for bringing it up

Harry
Doc

Post by Doc »

You can go off people really quick I find :o :evil:

Fair one though :lol: :lol:

Least the Navy has better soldiers..............Hoorah! :lol:
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

yeh i saw the field gun and i thought it was really good. just that one slip up at the end, 'noooooooooooo' i cried :cry:
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

Wee Willy Winkie wrote:yeh i saw the field gun and i thought it was really good. just that one slip up at the end, 'noooooooooooo' i cried :cry:
I knew from the start it would be the woman that would fark up :lol:

Who said that? :o
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

there is one more episode though i think, cause one week they missed it out correct?

the episode that was missed out was the thursday war one, or did i just miss it?
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

They did miss one episode last week, but then they showed it two days in a row the following week on Tuesday and on Wednesday.
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

oh bugger! i missed it then!