Share This Page:

Ankle injury

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Alf

Ankle injury

Post by Alf »

Hello All.

Three years ago I broke my right leg, near the ankle. My leg's now repaired, my doctor says it's stronger than it'll ever be, but I continue to have problems with the ligaments joiningg the leg and the ankle, hence the ankle is generally weaker than before and it's easier to twist it.

My question to you guys is: Have you experienced the same problem and what's the best way of treating it or strengthening the ankle to the same as before? I'm still a civvie but preparing for PRMC or P-Coy, haven't decided which, and would like to know what I can do to best prepare myself, especially before I go for a medical and the possibility of failure because of my ankle.

Any advice would be great.

Alf
Artist

Post by Artist »

Alf

Try an ostepath. It will cost but it worked for me. Knackered my ankle running on Dartmoor. Put me foot into a pothole. One giant cracking noise and there I was with one badly broken ankle. Took months to sort it out but as like you I was given a clean bill of heath but still had problems with it.

So I asked around and got in touch with this ostepath. It still give me the odd twinge but as I was still in the the RM's when I did it and carried on for another good ten years after the accident all I can say is that it worked for me.

Artist
mathilda

ankle problem

Post by mathilda »

I recently had an ankle injury and discovered I had fractured the ankle on both lateral and medial sides. I was eventually referred to a physio as part of my rehab. She gave me some simple exercises to do such as walking barefoot on your heels, using a wobble board, going up on tip toes on the edge of a stair and then lowering feet so your heels are lower than the step to stretch all the ligaments (hold on to the banister while doing this or you may fall ar*e over t*t) repeat about 20 times, walking on tip toe up and down the room. Chiropractor (and osteopath as well) helped me immensely as I had been labelled as having a 'weak ankle' which twisted/sprained readily. Have my fitness test at OASC next week so just hope it all stays together! Good luck with your application etc. :)