Share This Page:

Royal Navy Entry Test

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
forthefree

Royal Navy Entry Test

Post by forthefree »

My son is hoping to join the Royal Navy and wants to prepare for the entry test, is the anywhere we can get an old copy of a the test, so he hopefully get past this first hurdle.
Fossil

Post by Fossil »

For ratings, there are some sample questions on the Royal Navy website: http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/3186.html. Admitedly there are not many, but it gives an idea of the type of question in the tests.

When applying to be an officer, prior to the interview board, I was sent an information pack which included some sample questions.
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

I also recieved a similar booklet which had some sample questions on it also when going in as a rating.
AdamC16

Post by AdamC16 »

yeah i got quite a thick booklet which was about each category (verbal reasoning, numeracy etc.) with practice questions and answers from the AFCO.
Pain is Temporary

Pride is Forever
HotShot

Post by HotShot »

I also recieved one, but beware, all the people who sat the test when I did admitted that the test was ALOT harder than the practice questions. So don't be complacent that you can complete the booklet easy, because the real thing comes with the added bonuses of harder questions, and alot of people's nerves got to them.
HotShot

Post by HotShot »

Don't all trades do the same test, and then the 'tiffs do another 1? As when I went to do mine, there was me and another guy applying for Marines, 2 chefs, 1 nurse assistant, 3 Techies and some other trades...all doing the same test.
speed freek

Post by speed freek »

HotShot wrote:Don't all trades do the same test, and then the 'tiffs do another 1? As when I went to do mine, there was me and another guy applying for Marines, 2 chefs, 1 nurse assistant, 3 Techies and some other trades...all doing the same test.
Exactly the same as i thought.

When i done mine we had me who was applying for the marines, a chef and a girl who was applying for another trade which i cant remember. All did the same test.
AdamC16

Post by AdamC16 »

yeah they all do the same apitude test but then engineers usually do an extra maths one. I went for AET and didn't have a clue on it but passed it somehow :-?
Pain is Temporary

Pride is Forever
HotShot

Post by HotShot »

Aye, the 'tiffs do an extra 1. <brag>And I hold the highest score record for the RE test at Lincoln AFCO</brag> :lol:
Powder monkey

Re: Royal Navy Entry Test

Post by Powder monkey »

forthefree wrote:My son is hoping to join the Royal Navy and wants to prepare for the entry test, is the anywhere we can get an old copy of a the test, so he hopefully get past this first hurdle.
Well what branch is your son intrested in joining? Some branches require a rating to have a higher RT score than others.
This post was typed up in front of a live studio audience at pinewood studios England.