Share This Page:

OM(W)

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
Hallsy

OM(W)

Post by Hallsy »

Today i took my written test and unfortunatly i did not get the grades required for my chosen position (AET) however i have been given a list of jobs which i did pass for and one has hit me as also being interesting and well worth it.

The job os OM(W), now does anyone have any experience in this field?what are your views on this job? Does it offer much promotional opportunites?

It would really help me on deciding whether to take that as my choice..

My failure was mainly maths, never been very good at it and the AET is infact required to take 2 maths tests hence i probably wont wait the extra 6 months for the re-test...

thx for your time i shall also be heading over to the royal navy site and reading up on this job.

cheers
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

past my interview stage today and been given a date for my medical (24th) all seems to be going well so far!
rabby

Post by rabby »

Congrats on getting the interview done. I've never heard of OM(W) before (though I probably have, but not abbreviated like that :wink: ), what trade is it?
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

Operator Mechanic Warfare m8 it was it stands for.
Bovie

Post by Bovie »

Om(w), Many people go for this job, most of the trainees at collingwood in phase 2 are OM(w) about 85%. They get it easy in collingwood, and get alot of time off! every three weeks they finish on thursday's.

As a OM you'll probally get stuck with Cleaning, painting, and all the other rubbish stuff, But its not so bad. You would be working in the op's room most of the time (i think :P)

I dont know what its like for promotion. They say 18 month to leading hand, but it depend's how hard you work, finishing your task book etc.

Any more question's PM me, but i only cheak internet once a week.

Bovie Out.
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

thanks bovie mate any questions ill send them your way !
Powder monkey

Post by Powder monkey »

Comms is better than warfare - we actually work for a living.
This post was typed up in front of a live studio audience at pinewood studios England.
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

ouch. :lol:
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

I passed my medical the other day and now got to book my fitness test down the local gym!

Really looking forward to it actually....

cheers