Share This Page:

Final Check

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
feederboy

Final Check

Post by feederboy »

Hey guys, I'm off on my merry way to Raleigh on October 3rd, and was just wondering if anyone had any last minute hints and tips for me.

Much appreciated.

Andy.
SeaCat

Post by SeaCat »

Learn how to Polish boots and shoes, know how to iron well! Learn to get up early, Learn how to march(well you cant do that one :P )

And give no lip to the PO`s and life should be easy. And the rule "Choose your Branch take your chance" is in Force!!!!
Colin

Post by Colin »

Take some Jif with you to clean your Tifter.

Get used to ironing. Collars = T***s out, C****'s in.

Don't gob off to the instructors especially the drill instructors and especially any Royal Marine one's.

Look after your feet on the Dartmoor excercise.

Watch out for the Warrant Officers!

Always eat breakfast. It's a long day.

Learn the flags and remember what they are on a daily basis ....... you will be asked.

........ and REMEMBER - Navy time is ALWAYS 5 minutes before the official/notified time.
SeaCat

Post by SeaCat »

Scrub those colloars and cuffs eh? LOL, dont forget how to dust your mess`s. Call the Drill Sergents, Sarg....they love it (ick). And Never for the love of God complain about any chefs cooking!!!! Or fear there rath!!!
Make sure your entire class is always 5 minutes early. If that means getting them up an hour early so be it. And I know your allowed mobile phones 7 days a week now, dont be on them all the time, you have got better things to do....
Colin

Post by Colin »

Basically just switch on and stay switched on.
Don't F*** about, you'll get noticed.
Learn Jackspeak, it saves a lot of grief.
Have a good time, it really is fun!
Its only 8 weeks. 1 week admin, etc, 1 week at the end preparing for passing out parade, so its only 6 weeks bullshit.
SeaCat

Post by SeaCat »

Jackspeak blah, Its a floor, its a wall, its a ceiling and always will be!
Colin

Post by Colin »

As well it might be, BUT in your line of work you can hardly go out into the garden.
feederboy

Post by feederboy »

Thanks guys, mucho appreciado! Hopefully the training will fly by and I'll be serving in one of Her Majesty's Submarines in no time. Good luck to anyone else who's leaving in the next few weeks by the way.

Andy