Share This Page:

airbourne engieers

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Howayman, ah divint knaa wit yar tahkin aboot ye divvie..........yakkin’ Geordie’s mint, pet.... Ahl ye nead is a handy translaytah thingy
http://www.geordie.org.uk/

Talking in a regional accent (geordie for instance) is one thing, but writing English as you speak it is something else! :-? ......... Anyway, no great shakes .....all part of the rich tapestry that makes up England (and the other Celtish Lands) :roll:

......Apart from .........Why have you posted this thread on the RAF section ye frikin' divvie?

9 Para Sqn were previously part of 36 Engr Regt, but became part of 23 Engineer Regiment (Air Assault) in 2003, so your first port of call would be to enter 'The Forces' through the round window and join the Engineers (to train as a Combat Engineer, which would be your primary trade). After that you may go on for selection to P Company (provided you have the fitness, mental aptitude and military skills to make the grade)

(Oh, ...and bang an 'n' in the thread title will you? I don't know if 'engieers' is a proper word or geordie speak)
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

geordieboyjo1 wrote:Yea i have spoken to them but they just tell me that aye will do P Company after I finish trade training and that if I aim for the same fitness standard that was expected at Para depot I should be all right. None of them at the AFCO have done all arms P COMPANY and don’t know much about what goes on

There is no way that you would have the same level of fitness at RE trade training that would have at Depot Para.
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
geordieboyjo1

Post by geordieboyjo1 »

Well the fitness, mental aptitude and military skills. Should not be a problem I was tort by the best (Para redg) and I haven’t for got any of it. The only thing that bowers me is that I could be trained by propa hats in my basic. Me mates say 6 weeks at the most be for I put a transfer letter in. I hope there wrong thou I really one to get a trade as well as well
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Fek me!! 'HAT' snobbery from potential fekin recruits!! I ask you!!:roll:

You’re taking the pi$$..... Amongst the garbled English of your first post, I think I made out that you got injured before any P Company malarkey..... So I don’t think you WERE actually ‘tort by the best’ and therefore no need to get your keks in a spin and get all fret and bowered aboot being trained by propa hats man.....

As for getting a trade ‘as well as well’, even brickies or chippies in the Engineers need a basic grasp of written English. Something you’re not displaying, unless you’re just being an idle feker.

In answer to one of your first questions (once translated) “How much phys at ATR Pirbright? I’ve heard that it’s twice a week....” I think you’ll find that twice every second HOUR is closer to the mark, pet .....

Also, this transfer letter you'll be submitting within 6 weeks.......... Is that a request to leave and return to civvy street?

(Oh, and it's Regt not 'redg' - abbrev for Regiment) tut tut........ Standards! :roll:
geordieboyjo1

Post by geordieboyjo1 »

Twice a week I fort it would be summit like that. I have been told that there infantry cprls I hope not because I no they’ll take piss because the majority hate out to do with the para's or airborne units. And I no it’s a bit snobby because I will be a hat for a year till I get on P Company and my mates will love taken the piss out of me
davidgorjup

Post by davidgorjup »

sportbilly42 wrote:Howayman, ah divint knaa wit yar tahkin aboot ye divvie..........yakkin’ Geordie’s mint, pet.... Ahl ye nead is a handy translaytah thingy
http://www.geordie.org.uk/
That made me laugh....
London Boy

Re: airbourne engieers

Post by London Boy »

geordieboyjo1 wrote: i am re joining the army start trainen in december. joining royle engineers then going the airbourne route only thing is i carnt seam 2 fiand much out about them. i was joining para redg the last time till igot in jured just be for p company. just wonderd how much fiz you get at atr pirbriht ive herd that its twice a weak. and whats the beat up trainen like that you get for p-company any help would be appretiated thanks
eer...parlez vous anglais? Sprechen ze deutsch? Kan du prata svenska? Habla espanol? Is gaeilge leat? :evil: :evil:
timex

Post by timex »

geordieboyjo1 wrote:Twice a week I fort it would be summit like that. I have been told that there infantry cprls I hope not because I no they’ll take piss because the majority hate out to do with the para's or airborne units. And I no it’s a bit snobby because I will be a hat for a year till I get on P Company and my mates will love taken the piss out of me
If you are that bothered about being "a hat" why don't you just join Para Regt? Failing that what makes you think you will get an automatic selection for 9 Sqn?
Tab

Post by Tab »

Now I wonder why he posted this in the RAF section
HCR

Post by HCR »

geordieboyjo1 if being called a Hat bothers you that much then The Army is no place for you. You will get called alot worse in your time and you need to take it as a joke or p*ss take. Having the p*ss taken out of you is part and parcel of military life.

Plus the Army is not like the Scouts. You cant just go for every course you want willy nilly. You may never get a chance to do P Coy. And once your at your unit you may find your bouncing out so many tours and excercises you never get round to getting yourself ready for P Coy. Like whats been said already, why not just go for Para Reg. Once there go for Assult Pioneers, its a similar job. Im sure Para Reg have them. The rest of the Infantry do. But I might be wrong
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)
bushyredsocks

Post by bushyredsocks »

My advice would be to master the art of spelling, punctuation and grammar before entering any of the armed forces.
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

geordieboyjo1 wrote:Twice a week I fort it would be summit like that. I have been told that there infantry cprls I hope not because I no they’ll take piss because the majority hate out to do with the para's or airborne units. And I no it’s a bit snobby because I will be a hat for a year till I get on P Company and my mates will love taken the piss out of me
Sorry to burst your bubble but even if you pass P Coy you will still be a hat.
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......