Share This Page:

AET day to day

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
schoolboy

AET day to day

Post by schoolboy »

Hi people, I'm new here so a little intro...

Just finished a degree in electronics and computing but dont wanna sit in an office all day so thinking of avionics AET in navy.

I like the outdoors, fitness, mechanical and electronical hands on from cars to computers, love the idea of fixing fast jets and enjoy working as part of a team and having responisibility.

I dont have a great fondness of excessive admin, managment (im only 22, plently of time to become management) so i dont think the officer route is for me at this age - give it 5 years.

basically i wanna know 3 things:
1: what the day to day tasks of an AET are
2: How technical things get - is there much calibration with laptops etc and what is testing of the systems like?
3: what are the chances of working on a aircraft carrier and/or destroyer/frigate like - or do the majority of AET's work on shore bases?!

So answers on a postcard please - those 3 things are what i really wanna know, basic starts on 11th march!!!

Cheers people!
duggers19

Post by duggers19 »

Go on the navy website

www.royalnavy.mod.co.uk

click careers then engineereing then Air engineering technichion.
If you are determined enough to do something, then you will succeed at anything.
schoolboy

Post by schoolboy »

duggers19 wrote:Go on the navy website

www.royalnavy.mod.co.uk

click careers then engineereing then Air engineering technichion.
Ive have been on the website and read all the literature i have got my hands on - but none of it describes and specific tasks, i would like to know the details if possible not a page an a half of marketing blurb. Thanks