Share This Page:

AMMO TECH CHALLENGE BOARD DEEPCUT 8/9 DEC

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
Tonyjones1980

AMMO TECH CHALLENGE BOARD DEEPCUT 8/9 DEC

Post by Tonyjones1980 »

AMMO TECH CHALLENGE BOARD DEEPCUT 8/9 DEC. IS ANYONE ON HERE GOING TO THAT OR COULD ANYONE HELP ME WITHA COUPLE OF THIS.

1) does anyone know the 2 B class roads that join in the centre of Kineton Warwickshire? I can only find one - B4086

2) what does Deflagration mean in respect to amunition?

3) what Military abbreviation ATSG AND ATO stand for

any help would be more the useful, also any one going on the selection give us a shout on here or msn t60@hotmail.co.uk.

best regards and cheers
Tony [/b]
hc00

Re: AMMO TECH CHALLENGE BOARD DEEPCUT 8/9 DEC

Post by hc00 »

According to the maps Ive had a look at theres only 1 B road...
The energetic materials used by Department of Defense munitions produce an exothermic reaction defined either as a deflagration or a detonation. A deflagration is an exothermic reaction that propagates from the burning gases to the unreacted material by conduction, convection, and radiation. In this process, the combustion zone progresses through the material at a rate that is less than the velocity of sound in the unreacted material.
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/bullets2.htm
Deflagration
Deflagration is a process of subsonic combustion that usually propagates through thermoconductivity (hot burning material heats next layer of cold material and ignites it). Deflagration is different from detonation which is supersonic and propagates through shock compression.
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Deflagration

Yeah thats pretty much what everything says about deflagration, I suppose its something to do with the way either the gunpowder or the warhead in the shells explode. Thats the only way I can see it being related to firearms.

I font know what ATSG stands for but maybe the Army Technology Seminar Game in this link is correct?

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/atsg
Wo zhu ni jian kang.
Tonyjones1980

Post by Tonyjones1980 »

thanks very much the sites u popsted proved to be very helpful so cheers mate
luke

Post by luke »

How did you get on tonyjones?
Tonyjones1980

Post by Tonyjones1980 »

i passed with a full recommmendation by the ATCAB board thanks luke. I actually found it a bit asier than I thought although any tips anyone has for the actuall ammo tech selection board would be gratefully recieved
luke

Post by luke »

Well done mate, storming result!

when i did it all of us bar one got recommended at risk, the other got not recommended; we were told full recommendation doesn't happen often
Tonyjones1980

Post by Tonyjones1980 »

yeah i was told that mate so was well impressed , so where you up to now r u enlisted or waiting for a date or what mate
Ploggers

Post by Ploggers »

You might want to have a look here www.raoconline.com There are quite a few Ammo Techs and ATO's who will be happy t advise.
luke

Post by luke »

Tonyjones1980 wrote:yeah i was told that mate so was well impressed , so where you up to now r u enlisted or waiting for a date or what mate
Starting basic tomorrow! :o