Share This Page:

World War One and mutiny...

General information on Military History.
Pasha

Post by Pasha »

Whitey wrote:why do them Germans like France so much anyway? I fugure Russia would have been more resource rich.
I think it was Bismarck who first decreed that invading Russia would always be an open-ended, expensive and ultimately futile venture. He steered his foreign policy accordingly.
Regards!

Pasha
"To subdue the enemy without using force, is the acme of skill" Sun Tzu.
dootybooty

Post by dootybooty »

No apology needed Redhand, but please be aware that the mythology of the Great War has produced revisionist historians who do not research properly and take on myth as fact.
As for the statistics of natives, the reason I ask is because I have to date not seen a single native wargrave. With the racsism that existed at the time I would be supprised to find that many natives enlisted or were allowed to. There are no sources here for me to check on proportions of natives in the CEF. Is it possible that some served in forestry companies?
As an aside, my paternal Grandfather was serving as a Mountie when the war broke out, he resigned and came back to the UK to join the family regiment, but that is another story.
Keep the faith.
Pasha

Post by Pasha »

dootybooty,

You might find this site of some help:
http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/general/sub.cf ... her/native
Regards mate!

Pasha
"To subdue the enemy without using force, is the acme of skill" Sun Tzu.
dootybooty

Post by dootybooty »

Cheers, Interesting site. For everyone elses info, 4000 natives joined up 300 were killed on active service. It seems that most served in pioneer battalions. Nice to have some proper statistics to work with.
Keep the faith.
Redhand

Post by Redhand »

Pasha,

You keep impressing me as time goes on, seriously. You seem to be a very resourceful person, i wouldn't of thought to go there myself.

Thankyou.