Share This Page:

Joining up

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
brum92

Joining up

Post by brum92 »

Hi guys,

Gonna try and keep this as short as possible.

I'm currently serving in the royal navy and wanting to transfer over to the British army as an officer.

I've looked at the requirements and have enough UCAS points but fall short on the ALIS points required. This said I have done the relevant qualification with the RN in the maths English and science areas. Would this count towards that?

Also I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of transferring services or is it best for me to leave the RN then 're join in the army?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Many thanks.
Hyperlithe

Re: Joining up

Post by Hyperlithe »

No experience of a Navy to Army transfer, but I know people who transferred from both the Army and the Navy to the RAF. You're definitely better trying to do it without a break in service if you can. Any particular reason why the Army? As I understand it you can't guarantee getting to end up where you want going through Sandhurst...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
brum92

Post by brum92 »

I've always wanted to join the police, but never had the opportunity I'm civvy street. I joined the navy on a bit of a whim and ended up in the logistics branch which in not enjoying at all. So the royal military police was mentioned to me by my drafty. Thought I may as well try and give it a go, even if it doesn't work out I can say I've tried and not regret not taking the opportunity.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Have you looked at the RAF Police as well?
I'm the first in my family to go RAF instead of Navy or Marines, culturally the two seem fairly similar. It's worth thinking about if you enjoy being in the Navy in general but don't like the specific job you're doing.
My ex was RMP, the only positive response I got when I told people was "At least he's not SIB I suppose..." :lol:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours