Share This Page:

Age Restrictions

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
Skiddywinks

Age Restrictions

Post by Skiddywinks »

Hey guys, just need a little something cleared up. I forgot to ask the officer in the AFCO last time I was there, so save me going down again I figured I would just ask you knowledgeable types :p

The age restrictions on pilots are 17 and a half to 23 correct? However, is that just for people who are going in and signing up off the bat?

The reason I ask is I am going to do a degree before joining (just waiting on offers now >_<), and obviously I am going to be older than 23 when I finally come out of it (Start next year when I am around my 20th, plus 3 year course and one year foundation). However, I think it would be kind of asshatish for them to (hopefully) pay me £1000 a year and for me to join the UAS if I am just going to be over the age limit when I come out of Uni.

So am I right in assuming the age limit will not apply in this case? If no one knows I will just ask next time I am in the AFCO, but figured I may as well ask here too.

Cheers,
Skids
~Do Not Go Where The Path May Lead, Go Instead Where There Is No Path, And Leave A Trail~
B_H100

Post by B_H100 »

Go to the afco and ask them, they have all the answers! Failing that, ask the UAS at the uni you are going to.