Share This Page:

Can anyone help me?

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
DanPalmer1992

Can anyone help me?

Post by DanPalmer1992 »

Hello i was wondering as to whether anyone could shed any light on the application process for me...

Ive recentley passed my Barb test and sent my medical forms back to the AFCO which im currently waiting for them to get back to me, i believe there will be a 1 day in which i will complete a fitness test and an ice breaker, will this fitness test dertmine the infantry regiment i will be allowed to join or is it at ADSC that will determine whether i will be able to go on to do PRAC?
Im currently running 2mile in 12mins 32seconds.. could anyone also tell me how long and how quick the warm up will be conducted at both the 1 day assessment and ADSC?
Thankyou :D
1st Choice: Parachute Regiment BARB: Passed 58 Medical Clearence: Passed 1 Day Pre Selection Tests: Passed (1.5Mile - 8mins 50 seconds) 1st Interview: Passed 2nd Interview: Passed ADSC: Passed PRAC: Passed ITC Catterick PARA Depot: November 18th 2012!!
    sebastianPenny

Re: Can anyone help me?

Post by sebastianPenny »

DanPalmer1992 wrote:Hello i was wondering as to whether anyone could shed any light on the application process for me...

Ive recentley passed my Barb test and sent my medical forms back to the AFCO which im currently waiting for them to get back to me, i believe there will be a 1 day in which i will complete a fitness test and an ice breaker, will this fitness test dertmine the infantry regiment i will be allowed to join or is it at ADSC that will determine whether i will be able to go on to do PRAC?
    Im currently running 2mile in 12mins 32seconds.. could anyone also tell me how long and how quick the warm up will be conducted at both the 1 day assessment and ADSC?
    Thankyou :D

Im not positive but i think the fitness tests are 2 days and the warm up would be about 30mins i think but dont take my word for granted
    Tab

Post by Tab »

What Regiment have you applied for ??
    DanPalmer1992

Post by DanPalmer1992 »

Tab wrote:What Regiment have you applied for ??
    I have applied for para regiment..
    Ive done the insight course and i enjoyed :D
    I know the standard required i just need to know is it the one day or the two day at adsc i need to be at the top of my game...?
    1st Choice: Parachute Regiment BARB: Passed 58 Medical Clearence: Passed 1 Day Pre Selection Tests: Passed (1.5Mile - 8mins 50 seconds) 1st Interview: Passed 2nd Interview: Passed ADSC: Passed PRAC: Passed ITC Catterick PARA Depot: November 18th 2012!!
      WOW! That hurt.

Post by WOW! That hurt. »

Well, you should know that the fitness standard is conducted over 1.5 miles; not 2 miles. (The Americans do a 2 mile standard) At ADSC the warm up is basic. It shouldn't tire you out too much. Traditionally, you had to run it in 9:18, but according to the officer that briefed me at ADSC it has been increased to 9:40.
      HOWEVER, PRAC, from what I've been told by some mates who just did it, is a hate rape on your fitness, so if you go up there sporting some weak @$$ time they will eat you alive. I've been advised that you will want to be running the 1.5 mile in under 9 min and even then you'll still need to show some true grit about you. If you pass ADSC and you're not sure about yourself, just tell your AFCO that you would like a chance to build up your strength before attending PRAC.

ADSC does determine what regiment the army thinks you are eligable for. If you don't meet para standards, they push you into your second choice, simple as.

Any other things you might need to know can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmGewhAlJ8Y
      http://www.army.mod.uk/join/20084.aspx
      "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw
      DanPalmer1992

Post by DanPalmer1992 »

Yeah i know its a 1.5mile however ive been told by a few people to practice getting 2miles down to 12minutes then i should breeze my 1.5mile, thanks for the information my friend you've been very helpful, i have another question....
      whats the deal with the powerbag test as opposed to sit ups and press ups would you be able to shed any light on that?
      sorry to bombard you with questions haha! Thankss!