Share This Page:

Ladies if you want to pull a serviceman etc, etc,

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?

what do you do in your spare time?

Cross your legs?
22%
Go Dutch?
22%
Smile?
56%

Total votes: 9

Meekon

Post by Meekon »

I seriously hope I'm not being lumped in with this lot because I joined shortly before them. I come on this site as my bloke is in the forces and it's only the place to come and chat to similar people as my friends don't have a clue what it's like.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

I for one, directed my criticism solely towards cat_22 and Tanya. Don't worry about it.
Artist

Post by Artist »

Meekon

It was directed at the PRONGS who get up a large proportion of members noses with their pointless drivell and PM's.

Artist
Meekon

Post by Meekon »

Thanks guys :D
Scottish Thistle

Post by Scottish Thistle »

Hi Meekon, just wanted to reiterate what the guys said. I definitely wasn't referring to you in my post :)
Live well - laugh often - love much
Kanadiana

Prong?

Post by Kanadiana »

Artist wrote:Meekon

It was directed at the PRONGS who get up a large proportion of members noses with their pointless drivell and PM's.

Artist
Hi Artist... and everyone else :)

What is a PRONG?

(I'm hoping I'm not considerd one because it
doesn't sound like I'd like that role a whole lot yikes...
should I pack my bags and hie-tail it back to Canada, eh?)
I'm too old, cranky, and poor, not to mention a bit of a wing-nut, to go chasing trouble :p

Cheers my dears :) Kanadiana
This site is incredible for the people and knowledge,
also pretty entertaining at times :)
Artist

Post by Artist »

kanadiana

A PRONG:

Some one who gets up my nose dear lady. People like yourself seem genuine. Have seen your input ref PTSD. And having suffered from it fully endorse your membership on these forums.

Some however are not. I have no intrest in some silly idiot who gets her rocks off by acting like a slapper on the forums. This is a forum for people interested in the Armed Forces not a chat room for sad sacks to try and pull a Serviceman.

Artist
Kanadiana

:)

Post by Kanadiana »

Artist wrote:kanadiana

A PRONG:

Some one who gets up my nose dear lady. People like yourself seem genuine. Have seen your input ref PTSD. And having suffered from it fully endorse your membership on these forums.

Some however are not. I have no intrest in some silly idiot who gets her rocks off by acting like a slapper on the forums. This is a forum for people interested in the Armed Forces not a chat room for sad sacks to try and pull a Serviceman.

Artist
Thanks Artist ... glad you responded with such a nice one :) and believe me... I'm sincere in here ... I found this site thru a search for ptsd support for a mil. type... and liked it so I moved in :lol: Truly, you folks in here have been awesome.
Sorry you've experienced having to slay dragons ... ptsd and prongs :( ;)

Now if ONLY I could learn to understand ENGLISH! grin You folks talk in CODE :p

take care... Kanadiana from Kanader
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

i know I'm new and female, but I hope I'm not a prong! I'm joining the RAF as a linguist at the end of September, and am just trying to learn more before I go to Halton. My Dad's ex-Navy, and my brother's a Marines bandsman in Portsmouth, so I don't want to pull a serviceman, I want to BE one. Or servicewoman, obviously.
Any advice anyone can give me before I go to basic training, or for when I get to Cranwell will be very gratefully received...
bootneck

Post by bootneck »

Hyperlithe wrote:My Dad's ex-Navy, and my brother's a Marines bandsman in Portsmouth, ...
ooooooo, you shouldn`t have mentioned that, now sticky will have a field day :o
Doc

Post by Doc »

The only help I can offer to a linguist is to get your laughing gear around this.................. :o I´ll get my coat!
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

You're right on one thing - it did make me laugh! Hope I haven't dented your ego there... What am I talking about, you're a bloke, your ego is indestructible! :D
Doc

Post by Doc »

Round one to you then Hyper :-?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

I'm not getting very much advice here - I think you might even be making me look like one of the sad desperadoes, which is SO not the case! Someone help me out with info on the aircrew medical, please? Even just some tips on how to pass the time till I go to RAF Halton, cos I only got the letter yesterday and it feels like I've been waiting forever already!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Sorry Hyper................calm down :lol:

I have no idea about aircrew medicals Im sorry. Except, apart from being fit theres not much you can prepare for. Either your healthy enough to pass or you aint.
Try repeating your request in the RAF section, someone there may have just done it.
As for passing the time.......er Im a bloke I wont advise any further :lol: