Share This Page:

Foods for training and foods to avoid

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
Dae

Foods for training and foods to avoid

Post by Dae »

I have a feeling im going to get alot of stick for this.. I have been training for a few months and have a relatively good level of fitness, so this is a question to people with actual experience attempting or having passed selection for SAS artists reserves or regulars.
I am training both my mind and body for selection i have a training schedule which is going well and I have been doing my reserch on weapons, the history and all that. On selection I know you are deprived of food so my question is how deprived?
I want to train myself to be able to function without the usual intake of food but at the same time train as well. Is this a ridiculous thing to try or is it worth giving it a go I am very serious about selection it has become my life recently.
Also what is a good diet to be on whilst training what worked for you guys? I am a regular guy attempting SAS(R) selection hopefully to go on and join the Artists.

Thanks in advance Dae.
Wholley

Re: Foods for training and foods to avoid

Post by Wholley »

Not biting Action Man 8)
Dae

Post by Dae »

Im not sure if that was a dig or not but something a little constructive wouldn't go amiss everyone has to start somewhere.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Dae wrote: something a little constructive wouldn't go amiss
Have you come across the SEARCH button on this site?
All will be revealed.
I would not concern yourself with diet at this point.
Speak to your local AFCO and once they stop laughing you may well get a constructive answer.
Dae

Post by Dae »

I can see why you would laugh but the way I see it, I want to be prepared in every possible way so anything that can be suggested to help me I would really appreciate it with training, books, websites, diets.
I've taken up boxing and freerunning, i've applied at my local orienteering club im learning the history, weapons and transports used I just want any help I can get. This wont be a mickey mouse attempt I really want this.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

ALRIGHT :D
Tenacity is a good trait so,
contact your nearest AFCO and have a word with the recruiters.
Just bear in mind that they will try to fill vacancies in their own service.
Don't hold your breath regarding the"Twenty Two's".
Two years minimum service before you can even apply and the way things are at the moment all the Armed Forces are going to be extremely picky.
Age and qualifications will play an increasing role in the future although the MoD will deny it.
My colleague Tab could probably give you some more pointers as it seems most SAS come from the Parachute Regiment(don't start you lot :P I said"most"not "all")

Hope this helps,

GI Joe :wink:
Dae

Post by Dae »

Im not trying to become a 'super army soldier' regular im going for the Artists.

I probably don't have what it takes your probably right im just another GI Joe Action Man but 'Who Dares Wins' right? How does the saying go? If at first you dont succeed try and try again..
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Dae wrote: If at first you don't succeed try and try again..
or
"If at first you don't succeed parachuting is probably not for you" :D
Tab

Post by Tab »

The only thing we had to eat was what we got in the mess and that was rough to say the least, but we still finished the P course
scotti1985

Post by scotti1985 »

Human body can last 3 mins without air, 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food so suck it up, stop worrying about what you should be doing and crack on with it

Scott