Share This Page:

General Introductions

Discussions and general chat about PTSD. Feel free to introduce yourself or if you need help, please reach out and ask.
scubamaniac

General Introductions

Post by scubamaniac »

Thank you for allowing me to post here. We have a forum in the U.S. for PTSD too. I was hoping we can share information to help our Brothers and Sisters.

I know my Brother Dave Barker will be glad to share the information he has acquired over the years working with American Vets suffering with PTSD. On our site, we include all people that deal with it on a daily basis.

I am known as "alphadog" over there.

Thank you for your time.
mike-d-1960

Transatlantic support for those effected by PTSD

Post by mike-d-1960 »

Post withdrawn
Last edited by mike-d-1960 on Fri 31 Mar, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Welcome Mike and Scuba, sorry Ive missed this until now.

Good to have you aboard.

Would you be happy giving us a brief history of who you are etc?

If doing it in public isnt ideal then by all means PM me and I can post it in our closed listeners forum for feedback from the other guys.

Welcome again and best wishes

Doc

PS are you an ex-Jedi then Obi Wan?
mike-d-1960

Post by mike-d-1960 »

Post Withdrawn
Last edited by mike-d-1960 on Fri 31 Mar, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scubamaniac

Post by scubamaniac »

Howdy Doc and thanks for the welcome.

I am a retired USAF enlisted person. Retired in 93. The first 10 years in the Air Force, I was in Avionics and worked on B-52, KC-135, C-130, F4, C-141 and C-5 aircraft. The last almost 11 years was spent in Management Engineering. We used Industrial Engineering techniques to determine manpower requirements for different units. Iwas stationed all over but my best assignment was on Guam. Spent 8 years there and got into SCUBA. Earned my Dive Master rating and was going for Instructor when the AF made me return to stateside to a HQ job. Grrrrrrrrr. Have not dove since 88. It is boring in the states, diving that is in ponds, lakes, old mines and muddy rivers as compared to the ocean surrounding Guam.

I started the PTSD forum on the site here in the states because of a good friend. It has grown but it is rather slow and boring at times. I think we have a good site because it is protected by 4 Mods to cover different time zones and we do not allow personal attacks.

Thank you for your time Sir.

bob
scubamaniac

Post by scubamaniac »

Mikey, great to see your here Brother and friend.
scubamaniac

Post by scubamaniac »

Mikey, I finally got to post here. I was worried a tad there.
mike-d-1960

IT Issues

Post by mike-d-1960 »

Post Withdrawn
Last edited by mike-d-1960 on Fri 31 Mar, 2006 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Hi Mike

Have sent you a personal message good Sir.

Sorry for the IT problems guys, wasnt me, I only know where the on switch is :lol:

Ive had a brief glance at your sites, but not enough to comment so guess where Im off to now? No not the bar!!!!! :lol:

Regards

Doc
scubamaniac

Post by scubamaniac »

Mikey, just to let ya know I am here. Busy day, shall check in tomorrow too.

bob
mike-d-1960

Cheers

Post by mike-d-1960 »

Post Withdrawn
Last edited by mike-d-1960 on Fri 31 Mar, 2006 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

You guys will be having each other`s babies at this rate :-?
Chill the fork out will you 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
mike-d-1960

Post by mike-d-1960 »

Post Withdrawn