Share This Page:

RAF Police application taking forever :(

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Joshmorgan

RAF Police application taking forever :(

Post by Joshmorgan »

Hello, I first commenced my application to join the RAF Police at the end of March/beginning of April 2015. Since then I have had my AST, interview, medical, fitness, but I am still waiting to hear for my PRTC date. My physical was back on the 10th of September, and I am panicking because I was told that if the application process isn't completed within 1 year all my processes hare nullified and I would have to go through the entire application process again!! Is that true or not. One sergeant has told me that isn't the case and that they waiting on a) more people to go through applying for RAF Police
b) they are waiting on the new financial year before running more PRTC courses
c) they are just waiting for a Police course date to coincide with after my basic training period.

But I am left feeling concerned about this, I don't want my application to "time out", I want this soooo bad! Is anyone experiencing this at the mo, or in the past?

Any pointers, heads-up, or info to put my mind at ease would be gratefully received.
Hyperlithe

Re: RAF Police application taking forever :(

Post by Hyperlithe »

All the reasons you've been given for the delay sound reasonable to me - if you want to put your mind at rest I would suggest finding the RAF Recruitment page on Facebook and posting your question on there. You should get an answer within a couple of days (they tend to be off doing roadshows etc at weekends, so it's probably not monitored 24/7)
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Joshmorgan

Post by Joshmorgan »

Thanks so much for your reply - but in desperation on Friday I rang about 10 numbers I found for RAF Cranwell, and finally got through to a lady who said my PRTC date had been set through to my AFCO a few days previously. As you can imagine I am overjoyed. The funny thing is I got an email a few hours later - from AFCO with , you guessed it, my PRTC and starting date!! The reason I was given for the delay, which she said was unusual, is that the Police were Over-subscribed. I suspect it was the lady at Cranwell who got onto my AFCO to get them to pull their finger out. Big thanks all round - getting on with my life at last
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Well done Josh and glad you have heard, congrats and good luck.