Share This Page:

GRRRRRRR!!!

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Wholley

GRRRRRRR!!!

Post by Wholley »

I hate cyclists.Not happy with the road they have to ride on the sidewalk.
I got hit by one today.Did'nt hear the bugger and I did'nt look as he should not have been there.He spun me into a girl pushing a baby,got up and slung his hook.Pedestrian 's have no chance against this menace.They just go where they like,pay no tax and are generally a pest.
Bromham Road has a cycle lane but do they use it?Like f@#k do they,much prefering to ride(ilegally)on the sidewalk. :evil:
Tab

Re: GRRRRRRR!!!

Post by Tab »

Many years ago when I was still working I was standing in a shop doorway and went to check my watch. Well I stuck my arm out so that the watch would be exposed for me to see it under my sleeve when you bent your arm back again. As I stuck my arm out I punched a cyclist who was cycling along the pavement close to the shop fronts in the ear sending him flying and and out for the count. Being a regular law abiding guy I took a quick walk down the road.
ofens

Post by ofens »

:rofl:
That is the BEST explanation for punching someone I have ever heard.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Many years ago when I was still at uni, I was standing at a traffic lights waiting to cross, and there was a blind man with a stick next to me. The lights for the cars went red, the little green man lit up, and we stepped out to cross the road - just as a cyclist decided traffic signals didn't apply to him and rode straight through, knocking the blind man flying. Barsteward never even stopped to see if the guy was ok. He was fine, just a little shaken, but that's not the point.

The other one that gets me is the old people in their electric mobility scooters that take up the whole pavement - you can't hear those coming up behind you either.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
got1

Post by got1 »

There is thousands of miles of cycle tracks in my area, they call them pavements up here.
I would charge any of them that doesn't have a bell (cyclists).
I live next to the tow path of a river, they come thundering along this and you can't hear them coming.
Those that have a bell always say "thank you" when you step out of the way.
If any of them break my rod as I'm walking on the tow path :evil:, they will get the remainder up there ar*e.
Regards the electric mobility scooters, they are equipted with a horn.
Let's hope you don't need one in later years. :)
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

If I ever need one I'm gonna ride it on the road and piss off all the young whipper-snappers in their cars!
:lol:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Like any form of transport, the inconsiderate and antisocial element give the majority a bad press. The adult cyclist who jumps red lights, weaves through pedestrians at speed while using the footway and generally sticks two fingers up at anything delaying his progress deserves to have a bike pump shoved up his rear end. Perhaps it's more of a city thing where it's worse

Round my way we have a reasonable network of cycle lanes on the carriageway through the town, but there's no way that I'd let my kids use them (and I seldom use them either). Too many of the drivers who share the same carriageway are going way over the 30mph limit and as they pass any cyclist brave enough to use the lanes, they drive very close which often causes a problem for the cyclist. There's been more than one occasion when I've felt a lorry wing mirror or load brush past my head while cycling (getting hit by something that solid at around 40mph is going to make a mess). At other times it can be air turbulence as HGVs speed past at nearly 50 in a 30 limit that pulls you across into danger....... (where are the coppers with speed guns when you need one.... :evil: ) :bad-words:

Nah.... on balance I'll use the footway when I can even though I know I'm not meant to.. I've been to too many fatal RTAs where it's cyclist vs car/lorry/bus and the driver has been at fault to take the risk. There's only been one fatal accident that I've attended in my area involving a cyclist vs pedestrian (7yr cyclist rushing back home in blind panic to get to mum after his brother breaks arm in playpark, collides with 90yr old lady coming round the corner of a footpath who falls and hits head on wall.... hardly compares really)

If you have an accident on the road as a cyclist you'll be lucky not to be spread along the carriageway by passing vehicles. If you have an accident on the footway the worst that will happen will be cuts and bruises.

But then again, I'm one of those cyclists who goes at walking pace if there are other pedestrians using the footway.... :lilangel: .

As for those mobility scooters..... :roll: Bloody lethal.... Meant to be restricted to 4mph but I swear the majority are capable of 10mph plus... They can nip your ankles.... A fella I see around town most days seems to have some sort of sports version of the thing with big chunky wheels on! Always seen riding it with a fag in his gob......
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Well.... whad'ya know.... Totally understand the comments about cyclists using the footway inconsiderately, but this sad news from yesterday kind of supports my argument above.
Former boxer Gary Mason killed in cycling accident
The former British boxing heavyweight champion Gary Mason has died in a cycling accident in London.

Mason, 48, was involved in a collision with a van in Wallington, south London yesterday (6 Jan) and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A metropolitan police spokesman said the van driver was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/ja ... son-killed
Tab

Post by Tab »

So it is save the cyclist but kill the pedestrians, still it is always sad when some one is killed on the roads.
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

As I've said, I get all the fatal RTA reports through for my police area (it covers three large counties). Cyclists feature heavily in our annual figures. Pedestrians killed by cyclists? It doesn't happen... (Cyclists SCARE pedestrians but they don't generally kill or even injure pedestrians)
Tab

Post by Tab »

One of the big problems with cyclist is that they do not understand about large vehicles turning left. When a large Vehicle turns left it normally moves out to wards the centre of the road to allow for the turn, a cyclist seems to think this gives him room to go up the inside of the vehicle and then gets trapped as it turns left, surely better education of cyclist is answer or may be a licence.
xcj

Post by xcj »

Tab wrote:One of the big problems with cyclist is that they do not understand about large vehicles turning left. When a large Vehicle turns left it normally moves out to wards the centre of the road to allow for the turn, a cyclist seems to think this gives him room to go up the inside of the vehicle and then gets trapped as it turns left, surely better education of cyclist is answer or may be a licence.
This made me laugh a little bit, as its so true. Im cycle from time to time and the amount of times ive found myself going up the inside knowing full well that the cars stopped at the lights don't really know i'm there. I usually just cross my fingers and hope that the lights stay red long enough for me to get to the front. That said i don't do it if theres a lorry or bus because i don't fancy being part of the tarmac but i still know i shouldn't do it.

Cyclists aren't always the bad guys though. I once worked with a guy who had been cycling and a van was getting too close to him so he tapped the side of it to let the driver know he was there... the driver didn't like that so turned into him and knocked him down! The guy had his ankles strapped into the pedals and needed surgery. Last I heard the driver was charged and was facing possible jail time.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

im a cyclist.
my main gripes at 7am :
on cycle path - young uns in hooded tops wearing headphones, oblivious to their surroundings. not ackowledge the ring of a cycle bell or the increasing octave of 'excuse me!!'

on road - motorists that treat cyclists like they should not be on a road. ie dual carriageway negotiating from left hand lane to right in order to turn right at the roundabout. what does (many) motorist do?? increase speed and try the over take manouvre. (twats). a cyclist whilst on the road should be considered as another vehicle. would you try to sneakily/not register someone ahead changing lanes if it was a car? its shocking at how bad some peple become at driving whilst confronted with the cyclist. for example i was cycling home in adverse weather and snow drifts had built up along the side of the road. i swerved to avoid a snowdrift and the driver behind started parpin his horn like he was thrappin one out n nudgin his beeper at the same time. he startled me but as luck would unfold the red light came on at the traffic light ahead. ' ill have him' . cycled up to his window - peered in and shouted (full parade ground volume) 'yeah what!!!!????' the dick head said jack shit, so paused briefly then cycled on to which i got 'PARP PARRP' ringin from nob head - yeah when im on way pal im now laughin at you coz your a good joke, maybe not if i just dumped bike and went back and smashed your car up?? lol. point is that cyclist are not the only menace on the road. annoying yes but not all are alike and im sure you will be first to agree not all motorists are alike.
'Every man an Emperor'
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Having no life to speak of and after watching another'news'item on cyclists(Big bad truckers motorists etc) I had a skeg outside.
Of TEN cyclists only ONE had lights or reflective apparel.This at 07:00 so still dark and no backdrop for them as the white shit has all melted.
Far from watching out for them I think this government should actively encourage their demise.
A cyclist humane cull is the answer whereby the government accepts as evidence of a claim of a kill damaged bumpers/shattered windshields/blood typing and DNA.

Sterilisation at birth if a feotus shows the'cyclist gene'should be made into law.
If it's good enough to resolve the badger problem(bTB)then why not cyclists?

While I'm on a roll,check out Assisted Suicide on another thread 8)